• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fleetwood Mac tonight. I'm a huge Neil Finn fan, so I'm pretty excited about it. Have seen a few vids of Mike Campbell tearing it up, too. I like Lindsey Buckingham plenty but this new lineup is interesting to me.

Please report back!

The Fleetwood Mac show last night in Tacoma was great. The new blood in the band has turned out to be a good thing. Different vibe now, happier. Stevie & Christine were spot on for the most part. Musically, Mike Campbell is the leader of the band. He spoke more last night than all the times I ever saw him with Petty. He's in a league of his own as a guitar player & this was very much in evidence during the show. Fantastic. He even sang lead on Oh Well. Neil Finn is 1 of my all time faves & he fit in very nicely with the ladies. His take on Lindsey's songs was fresh & very very good. 1 of the highlights of the show & best responses was for Don't Dream Its Over followed by Landslide. The entire venue was lit by people holding up cell phones. Such a great song & Mick Fleetwood did a long intro about what the song meant to him. The other highlight was the Tom Petty tribute of Free Falling during the encore. Very emotional & spot on. Stevie sang her heart out while pics (a lot of them clearly from her personal collection) showed behind the band. I found myself getting a little misty during it. If you are a fan at all, I would recommend going to see the tour. You won't be disappointed. 1 tends to forget just how great Christine McVie is & she is getting up there (75!). The band is still playing pretty close to top of their game & seem reenergized.

Thanks chuckrh. It’s nice to hear the perspective of someone who is a fan of all three acts (Finn, FM, Petty). I am one of the biggest Neil Finn fans on the planet, but am having a very hard time coming to terms with his joining this band. I was a big FM/Stevie fan 35 - 40 years ago, but over the years came to focus mainly on Lindsey’s solo work, so that contributes to my struggle with the current situation. It sounds like a good night of music. :). Not sure I want to blow $200+ on it though.

Thanks chuckrh. It’s nice to hear the perspective of someone who is a fan of all three acts (Finn, FM, Petty). I am one of the biggest Neil Finn fans on the planet, but am having a very hard time coming to terms with his joining this band. I was a big FM/Stevie fan 35 - 40 years ago, but over the years came to focus mainly on Lindsey’s solo work, so that contributes to my struggle with the current situation. It sounds like a good night of music. :). Not sure I want to blow $200+ on it though.

Just because of Neil, I splurged & spent $200 a ticket. He looks like he is having time of his life up there. Was worth it just for Don't Dream & the Petty tribute. There were many other fine moments though. I like Stevie but in small doses. They pretty much alternated between all 3 lead singers. Stevie had a little problem during Gypsy but rebounded nicely. The pre Stevie stuff was all great. All the Things You Do, Black Magic Woman & Oh Well were all stellar. I think you would enjoy the show. & there is a built in bathroom/more beer break. Is called the drum solo haha. Too long but entertaining. & the version of World Turning around it was amazing. It's nice to see him get that level of adulation. Long time coming & well deserved. Hopefully it will lead people to his other work. I wish he would tour the states with Liam! They are doing a month in Europe between FM legs. It's the Finn family band. Playing small cool venues. I've seen Neil in clubs numerous times. He should've been an arena level act long ago. I hear he is well set up though & was smart with his money. He was sheer joy during this show.

Ha! I figured you were at that one. How'd ya like it? I saw him do it last December and loved it. Catching him next weekend in STL and SF the following.

It was good and the lights were great but the best part was surprisum wished he play more from the soundtrack! Still fun show and he seemed to be having fun

Are you talking about Suspiria?

Yes. I was smart to go see it right away. It only lasted a week around here (Boston area).

Amazon distributed it, so it'll be on Amazon Prime at some point next year. No idea how long the turn around is.