• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I prefer seeing him with the Dukes, but tonight is a solo show. Long story, but there’s a good chance I’m having dinner with Steve before the show.

I like seeing him both ways, but my favorite time was a solo show at the Park West during his Townes tour. Joe Pug opened the show - it was great night of music. 

The way Earle handled an over-served table that was set up in front of the stage was an incredible sight. The whole show could have been derailed, but he was able to handle it well. 

I must admit, that night he could have held a master class for solo artists (like Tweedy) on how to handle unruly, drunk fans without making anyone feel uncomfortable. 

I prefer seeing him with the Dukes, but tonight is a solo show. Long story, but there’s a good chance I’m having dinner with Steve before the show.

Oh man, that'd be cool. And maybe even a bit scary...

I like seeing him both ways, but my favorite time was a solo show at the Park West during his Townes tour. Joe Pug opened the show - it was great night of music. 

Great album. I saw Joe Pug play before a Todd Snider show a few years back. He was ok.

Update?

I have a friend who goes way back with Steve -- they worked at a restaurant together and wrote songs together in Nashville decades ago.  Dinner fell through, but I did spend 40 minutes with Steve in the Green Room after the show.  He could not have been nicer and more laid back.  Big baseball fan!  Great show and a memorable night.

I have a friend who goes way back with Steve -- they worked at a restaurant together and wrote songs together in Nashville decades ago.  Dinner fell through, but I did spend 40 minutes with Steve in the Green Room after the show.  He could not have been nicer and more laid back.  Big baseball fan!  Great show and a memorable night.

Big Yankees fan, if I recall. I've heard/read him talking about how much he digs the NYY/BOS rivalry....

"Peak Nadir" actually wouldn't be bad.   :yes

Yes!

Also, their hats at merch booth just say 'Bad Bad' which I thought was well done. Great songs. So so live. Seeing them open for the Beths in a couple months...

What did you think Tim? I thought it was great - though I have to admit that I had to leave after the Nervous Eater's cover in the encore.  And I do miss Kelly Hogan.

it's a soundboard shoot so i'll be hanging at the back.

Neko is transitioning full diva mode...

What did you think Tim? I thought it was great - though I have to admit that I had to leave after the Nervous Eater's cover in the encore.  And I do miss Kelly Hogan.

i need to finish my review but i thought the show was great. very heavy on Hell-On but i think it's a very strong record overall, so no complaints. 

the vocals sounded great; the biggest gap of missing Hogan was the back and forth... banter was decent but not up to usual Neko levels.