Jealous! Have a great show!

It's stunning how talented this group is. I felt bad for them because they were booked in the worst venue in town (I almost didn't go because of the venue, but I'm glad I did) and there were probably only 20 people there.  All 20 were enthusiastically supportive, but there should've been 100 at least, and there would have been if they had been at one of the venues that typically hosts indie types of bands.

Definitely see them if you get a chance.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's stunning how talented this group is. I felt bad for them because they were booked in the worst venue in town (I almost didn't go because of the venue, but I'm glad I did) and there were probably only 20 people there.  All 20 were enthusiastically supportive, but there should've been 100 at least, and there would have been if they had been at one of the venues that typically hosts indie types of bands.

Definitely see them if you get a chance.

They are better each time I see them!

They are better each time I see them!

I think after Solid Sound (if they haven't blown up and become everyone's favorite band before then) there will be a lot of buzz here about them.

I have GOT to see this! Have a great time.

I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm not a big fan of musicals, but Hamilton is brilliant. I'm a history nerd, so it was especially enjoyable. Most of the time musicals and plays don't live up to the hype for me. I didn't care much for The Book of Mormon. But Hamilton is outstanding. 

It's just Terry Adams left, right? How was it...?

Terry Adams is the only original left, yes.

This was the 2nd time I’ve seen this particular version of the band. They are very, very good, and as fun as ever, yet I can’t get over the gaping hole left by Joey Spampinato’s exit. They still do many of his songs, and they’ve found a guitarist and bass player who can sound like him. They all swap instruments and are all pretty adept at whatever instrument they’re playing. Terry is clearly the leader of this new band, and is the only strong personality in the band. I thought NRBQ was at its best when Al Anderson served as the perfect foil for Terry. The new lineup could use that. Having said that, I would recommend seeing them, they’re a great band. It’s just not NRBQ to me - it’s Terry and 3 other guys who are really good, but something intangible is missing. The new songs are in the same style of the old ones.

I may be a bit too cranky because I have been a fan for 30 years and don’t really know what went down between Terry and Joey, but I feel like Joey got the short end of the stick.

This was the 2nd time I’ve seen this particular version of the band. They are very, very good, and as fun as ever, yet I can’t get over the gaping hole left by Joey Spampinato’s exit. They still do many of his songs, and they’ve found a guitarist and bass player who can sound like him. They all swap instruments and are all pretty adept at whatever instrument they’re playing. Terry is clearly the leader of this new band, and is the only strong personality in the band. I thought NRBQ was at its best when Al Anderson served as the perfect foil for Terry. The new lineup could use that. Having said that, I would recommend seeing them, they’re a great band. It’s just not NRBQ to me - it’s Terry and 3 other guys who are really good, but something intangible is missing. The new songs are in the same style of the old ones.

I may be a bit too cranky because I have been a fan for 30 years and don’t really know what went down between Terry and Joey, but I feel like Joey got the short end of the stick.

Thanks for the feedback. I started seeing them in late 70s/early 80s in CT. Would still check them out even with the obvious missing parts.

Thanks for the feedback. I started seeing them in late 70s/early 80s in CT. Would still check them out even with the obvious missing parts.

I have since been reminded by someone on another forum that many of the songs Joey sang were written by Terry. So I guess what I miss is Joey singing Terry’s songs. ;). See the band if you get a chance, they’re still as fun as always, as I said.

Thanks for the review.  I started seeing them towards the end of Al's tenure, and kept seeing them until they split up.  I haven't really been interested in seeing them since then because I'd be preoccupied thinking "this isn't NRBQ," but I think enough time has passed that I'll probably go see them if they ever come back to the South.  At this point, I'd probably consider it a Terry show and not be bothered by comparisons to the old band.