• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A day late, but I saw sets by Low Cut Connie and The War and Treaty yesterday at Hogs for the Cause in NOLA. Those are the only two sets I caught this weekend, but they were absolutely incredible. Their recorded output didn't do a lot for me, but live both are so freaking good.

I saw Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets last Thursday and if you are a fan of early Floyd I can't recommend it enough.  Awesome show.

bummed i am overseas and missing the Boston date, though the Milwaukee review was pretty savage. looks like a great set list (Childhood's End!) but curious as to why they didn't add Eugene??? seems like a big hole.

I hear mixed reviews let me know what you think!

I thought it was ok. I had not heard a single note of this music before going to the show, so that often impacts my ability to connect with the music on first listen. I've never been a huge fan of Trey's songs from a lyrics perspective (amateur hour, especially after having just seen Jeff on Saturday), but there were many moments of musical transcendence. I left early (around 10:20) before the main set ended (because I wanted to get home not because the show sucked), but I had no regrets about leaving. Almost 2 hours into the show I hadn't heard a song I was familiar with. So all in all, I scored a great seat on the ticket drop and glad I got to be there but in retrospect it would have been OK if I had missed it too. So there you have it.  

I thought it was ok. I had not heard a single note of this music before going to the show, so that often impacts my ability to connect with the music on first listen. I've never been a huge fan of Trey's songs from a lyrics perspective (amateur hour, especially after having just seen Jeff on Saturday), but there were many moments of musical transcendence. I left early (around 10:20) before the main set ended (because I wanted to get home not because the show sucked), but I had no regrets about leaving. Almost 2 hours into the show I hadn't heard a song I was familiar with. So all in all, I scored a great seat on the ticket drop and glad I got to be there but in retrospect it would have been OK if I had missed it too. So there you have it.

Fair enough nothing wrong with an evening of entertainment and sounded like a good night out. Thanks for the review

For some reason, I can't access this page from my iPad at home, so I'll make a preemptive post:

Nels Cline w/ Larry Ochs and Gerald Cleaver @The Bakery, Atlanta

The last time Nels played in Atlanta (not counting Wilco shows) was when the first Nels Cline Singers album came out 17 years ago.