Ride was good and the lead track was from their new record and it sounded great!

they did an aftershow at a small club in Dublin, and i had a chance to buy tickets before it sold out but didn't. glad i didn't because i would have had to have left the Cure show half way through in order to get back down in time to see them. 

edit - it also became clear to me, decades later,  that the bass line to "Seagull" is basically "Taxman"

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ride was good and the lead track was from their new record and it sounded great!

they did an aftershow at a small club in Dublin, and i had a chance to buy tickets before it sold out but didn't. glad i didn't because i would have had to have left the Cure show half way through in order to get back down in time to see them.

edit - it also became clear to me, decades later, that the bass line to "Seagull" is basically "Taxman"

ha yeah now that you said that I hear it

yeah it was a great show. complete nightmare leaving the concert and trying to get transport back to dublin.

i finally made it to my hotel room at 3:20 or so. mind, the concert ended at around 10:50. 

You had an ADVENTURE!  :rock  :P  :D How far away from Dublin was the venue?!