jff

Live! Tonight!

Ride was good and the lead track was from their new record and it sounded great!

they did an aftershow at a small club in Dublin, and i had a chance to buy tickets before it sold out but didn't. glad i didn't because i would have had to have left the Cure show half way through in order to get back down in time to see them. 

edit - it also became clear to me, decades later,  that the bass line to "Seagull" is basically "Taxman"

Ride was good and the lead track was from their new record and it sounded great!

they did an aftershow at a small club in Dublin, and i had a chance to buy tickets before it sold out but didn't. glad i didn't because i would have had to have left the Cure show half way through in order to get back down in time to see them.

edit - it also became clear to me, decades later, that the bass line to "Seagull" is basically "Taxman"

ha yeah now that you said that I hear it

close cousins, but the overall tempo of the bass line in "Seagull" is closer I'd say.

also, have you ever noticed that "Good Lovin'" "La Bamba" and "Twist and Shout" are basically all the same song?

yeah it was a great show. complete nightmare leaving the concert and trying to get transport back to dublin.

i finally made it to my hotel room at 3:20 or so. mind, the concert ended at around 10:50. 

You had an ADVENTURE!  :rock  :P  :D How far away from Dublin was the venue?!

About a 30 min taxi ride. Too far to walk!

Whoa, a 30 minute taxi ride that took over 3 hours! There better've been a pub crawl in there somewhere! :lol

Jealous.

Good show as usual with some rarer songs: take me with you, break in the clouds and stick in the mud

Tonight I’m having a 1994 night lol got a cheap ticket for our lady peace, live and bush lol

Calexico and Iron & Wine

Nice!

Rain is finally stopping so should be a beautiful night in the park.

Enjoy!