• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, I live G-Ville too: it's nice to see another Wilco fan from the area.  My brother and I are hitting up the Black Keys show in SImpsonville too.  We're more Flaming Lips fans, but I like the Keys as well.

Probably not going to make that.  Like I mentioned before, I'm kind of a snob when it comes to venues, and I don't want to see the Keys enough to drop the extra cash for assigned seats, and I'd rather just get drunk in the parking lot than sit on the lawn.

They played at The Orange Peel a year or so ago.. Wish I could have seen that, but it sold out in a millisecond (that was back when they were really blowing up). 

Probably not going to make that.  Like I mentioned before, I'm kind of a snob when it comes to venues, and I don't want to see the Keys enough to drop the extra cash for assigned seats, and I'd rather just get drunk in the parking lot than sit on the lawn.

They played at The Orange Peel a year or so ago.. Wish I could have seen that, but it sold out in a millisecond (that was back when they were really blowing up). 

I saw the Black Keys open for Radiohead for two shows back in 2006..back in the old days... :twitchsmile

i saw the Black Keys headline in 2006...but had my camera confiscated during the opening band by some security nazi and didn't get any photos.

ha ha...going stelth I presume....back when I was a ute I used to bring in my handheld tape recorded to record the concerts I went to..I only recorded them for my personal enjoyment after the show...anyhoo I was recording a Weezer show in 1997 and it got confiscated....

well this was at Avalon which is now House of Blues..the Keys have (or at least had, back then) an open policy regarding taping and photography...Avalon's  stated policy towards cameras was that it deferred to the band's position. i never heard back from my request for a pass so figured i'd just buy my own ticket and do it. got shut down and had to check my camera gear before the opening band was done. that sucked. the guy also tried to make me format my card but i switched cards when he wasn't looking (i now know how to recover images from a formatted card so that's a moot point).

the irony here is that a woman who had a pass used flash and that attracted security's attention (there was no photo pit, we were just up against the stage). the security guy asked her for her pass and then mine...thing is, i had an unmarked / undated house pass in my bag from a previous assignment and decided to use it...that backfired as it was a different color from what was issued that night. oops.

It's General Admission, so no assigned seats.  I'm not that much of a Keys fan but getting to see the Lips in Greenville's gonna be a real treat.  

Do you go the the Grey Eagle a lot?  I'm interested to hear your opinion of the venue, if you do...

Ah, didn't realize it was general admission.  Might have to re-consider.  I got my Flaming Lips fill last year seeing them at The Tabernacle in Atlanta.  Hell of a show. 

I like the Grey Eagle a lot, nice little intimate venue.  I saw Justin Townes Earle there last year.  Plus it's always good to see a show in Asheville, one of my favorite towns. 

how was tame impala?

Awesome! They changed the songs around a little live. I really am digging them now. Lonerism is my favorite album of 2012..catch them if you can I think they are going on a big climb and will be playing much larger venues shortly!

Here is a brief review...

http://houselist.bowerypresents.com/2013/02/20/tame-impala-take-sold-out-crowd-on-unpredictable-trip/

Giving Tree tonite at Lincoln Hall (RIP the Three Penny)

And they are playing this afternoon at Reggies, 3pm WOOT! What a great excuse to cut out of work early :banana

If you go I would be curious for a review since Dan left the band recently...btw their drummer is a hoot!

Great, fun show. They played everything I wanted to hear. Dave is great. The new guitar player didn't do much for me personality wise, but his playing was good. I can check "See a band play 'We Are The World'" off my list. 

Great, fun show. They played everything I wanted to hear. Dave is great. The new guitar player didn't do much for me personality wise, but his playing was good. I can check "See a band play 'We Are The World'" off my list. 

Glad you had fun! :guitar

I saw the Old 97's about a week and a half ago in Atlanta. it was rad. 

Just got tickets to see the Flaming Lips in Chattanooga on my birthday. I am so excited about that too. It's a tiny-ish place (1,800 capacity) and it's in between dates for them with the Black Keys in ATL and Nashville, so it will be nice to see a full set instead of an opener slot. 

Gonna grab tickets to see Son Volt here in Chatt in June soon too. Excited to see them again!

Giving Tree Band on Sunday nite 3/3 within the intimate confines of Casa Santiago. 7pm, be sharp. Expect at least a handful of new tunes!