Awesome! I visited your lovely country two years ago and drove 1000 km between the north and South Island! Where you coming from? Enjoy the show! Glen is great!

Back on topic..

I saw they might be giants last night! Anyone else a fan?

Hi, Glen was so great! So glad I made the drive, he played for over 3 hours and kicked ass so well worth it.

I live on the west coast, mid north island in New Plymouth, we get Womad but nearly everything else I have to drive 4 hours north or south. For Wilco next week I have to drive to Wellington for a show, fly to Auckland for next day's show, fly back to Welly and then drive home.

Yay:)

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

REDD KROSS

This is a bucket list show for me.  I didn't think I'd ever get to see them.

i saw them in '90 or so, opening for Sonic Youth on the Goo tour.

i was heavily altered at the time and thought they were 8' tall w/ hair down to their asses.

Steve's still got some great hair

p1211337260-4.jpg

Mind blowing.  Closest thing a non religious person such as myself can get to a revival.  Crazy good.  Looks like the set list was pretty identical to this Chicago one from a few nights before.  He had the 2 photographers jump up on the stage at the very beginning of the show to take pictures:

16. Encore:

Mind blowing.  Closest thing a non religious person such as myself can get to a revival.  Crazy good.  Looks like the set list was pretty identical to this Chicago one from a few nights before.  He had the 2 photographers jump up on the stage at the very beginning of the show to take pictures:

you say stuff like this just to give me an ulcer, don't you?

Classic rock night! Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band (looking forward to hearing their version of California Stars in person) and Joe Walsh.

Edit post show: Really fun classic rock show. Unfortunately Bob's introduction of CA Star left a lot to be desired. 1st of all, said he hear the song for the first time two months ago. 2nd off all, mentioned that lyrics were by Woody but not mention of Billy or Wilco. In Wilco's home town. Bummer.

As discussed elsewhere around these parts, night 1 of Clapton's Crossroads Guitar Festival. On the Amtrak heading down right now. In what seems strange to me, they will not announce who is playing on which night, other than that the Allmans are headlining tonight and Clapton will play with them. Visions of 3-19-09 for me. And Clapton will open the night with a solo acoustic set. Going to get a chance to see my daughter, lots of friends, and lots of guitar.