• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's been sold out for a while now.

a lot of people already thought about it ;)

Too funny

you are not the only individual that has creditability to gain admission to sold out shows in Boston // Cambridge of course if I had a photo badge it would be cheaper for me So good for

you !

I've read about them here mostly All good reviews

But sitting on the fence at the moment..

Wilco on the other hand ... ; )

so that means i'll see you at next Monday's Replacements/Dinosaur Jr show?

Damn. Wish Dinosaur had opened in Denver. We had teenage bottlerockets. I was not impressed.

Congrats on getting photo access for that.  Assuming I don't win the lottery tomorrow I'd be happy to be your +1 or carry your photo equipment or whatever it takes.  Just let me know what time to meet you there. 

Yes I will be there confirmed last night at Speedy Ortiz* whom I liked, but seemed a little short for a headliner.

Then again I'm not a music reviewer, I'll just say it was a good evening.

Too funny

you are not the only individual that has creditability to gain admission to sold out shows in Boston // Cambridge of course if I had a photo badge it would be cheaper for me So good for

you !

credibility or connections? either way, congrats on getting into the 'Mats show. a LOT of people want to be at that one.

how would it be cheaper for you if you had a photo pass? trust me, the outlay of cash for gear vs the revenue received would make an accountant have a stroke.

Yes I will be there confirmed last night at Speedy Ortiz* whom I liked, but seemed a little short for a headliner.

Then again I'm not a music reviewer, I'll just say it was a good evening.

well they really only have two records, and they played one in its entirety. i didn't mind an early end as i had to get in to work at 7:30 today.

Punch Brothers were spectacular last weekend in Chicago!  They are at the top of their game.  What did you think?

Pretty cool -- the entire set was professionally recorded. Not all of it has been posted, but a handful of songs... Check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_1190590363&feature=iv&src_vid=xpZrRDjExo0&v=_H2o217hqJU

Pretty cool -- the entire set was professionally recorded. Not all of it has been posted, but a handful of songs... Check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_1190590363&feature=iv&src_vid=xpZrRDjExo0&v=_H2o217hqJU

I've been loving these videos!  Really professional video and good sound.  Sounds like they will post the whole performance minus covers next week, so looking forward to seeing that.  I'm so enamored with their new album.

Haven't heard her (Rhainnon's) new album but I like the Chocolate Drops a bunch...

The solo album is a little uneven material-wise from my view, but yeah, I like that "Leaving Eden" CCDs album a lot.  Boy, her voice is just a wonder though.  She played a lot of banjo last night and fiddle on just a couple of songs. That voice is absolutely the star, though.

i haven't seen Jay play in a while... gotta fix that.

I've officially achieved the apex of my guitar-playing career tomorrow, as I will be sharing the stage with Jay Farrar and Rhett Miller.  And by "sharing" I mean I'll be on the same stage about 8 hours earlier for my Old Town School "showcase" (aka a beginners' group recital for grown-ups). I hope they've already started removing the brown M&Ms.

TMBG

I've officially achieved the apex of my guitar-playing career tomorrow, as I will be sharing the stage with Jay Farrar and Rhett Miller. And by "sharing" I mean I'll be on the same stage about 8 hours earlier for my Old Town School "showcase" (aka a beginners' group recital for grown-ups). I hope they've already started removing the brown M&Ms.

Ha ha cool! Congrats!

The Replacements and Dinosaur Jr!

as some of you know, this is a free show in a small club (cap 525) and the demand for tickets was insane. The Replacements decided to have a little contest and give away some list spots (not sure how many) to people who either wrote a ~50 word essay or sent in a drawing or photo as to why they should be selected.

so i got to thinking and w/ my wife, we hatched this idea, sent in w/ the message of "it's been a rough week." She won!

11148680_10153352677370992_5223319277306

as some of you know, this is a free show in a small club (cap 525) and the demand for tickets was insane. The Replacements decided to have a little contest and give away some list spots (not sure how many) to people who either wrote a ~50 word essay or sent in a drawing or photo as to why they should be selected.

so i got to thinking and w/ my wife, we hatched this idea, sent in w/ the message of "it's been a rough week." She won!

Awesome! Enjoy! Can't wait to hear about it!

so i got to thinking and w/ my wife, we hatched this idea, sent in w/ the message of "it's been a rough week." She won!11148680_10153352677370992_5223319277306

Congrats on gaining a great spot, alas you will not be joining the small sea of humanity. perhaps our paths will cross at tomorrow's

Waterboys Show across the river at the Wilbur

Great photo! Has to be a winner.