• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, you got tickets! awesome. i know a *lot* of people bitching about that one.

yeah I know..I am nervous about getting in because im sure a lot of vip/guest list spots will be filled and ticket doesn't guarantee admission...I can only get there two hours before doors hopefully that'll do.. It is one of those Converse Rubber Tracks shows...you saw the Replacements for the converse show did you have an issues getting in? How early did you arrive etc? 

i was on the press list so i didn't have to queue... my wife got there about an hour before doors and had no issue getting in. but yeah, i imagine the guest list is pretty sizeable and i'm not sure if they have VIP entrance rights or not.

Thanks for the input..I think I'll be fine but I won't rest easy unitl I am in the door ..I'm just more curious how many extra tickets than capacity they issued. :twitchsmile

ZZ Top played above and beyond last night. Seen them a handful of times, but this show was fantastic. By far the best they have sounded in decades! Jeff Beck was of course masterful, but his set was all over the place and never really found a groove. When he joined them onstage for the encore, Beck ripped out the opening for I Ain't Superstitious to start Sixteen Tons. Such a tease....

Jerry Lee Lewis - today at Jazz Fest. He only played about 35 minutes but can still sing and play the piano very well. Despite his colorful past, the man is pretty much a music genius.

Ryan Adams tonight at nTelos in Charlottesville. For anyone who lives anywhere near Charlottesville, I have a spare ticket. GREAT seat--third row near center--because my friend is sick. PM, text or call me if you're interested. 757-287-9871. Tickets are $55 face and the show has been sold out for ages. First come first served. Edit: Spare ticket has been sold.

I'm a day behind because I went to a late-night show after Jazz Fest wrapped up for the day. I saw Bonsoir Catin/ DJ D. Lefty Parker, The Deslondes and Feufollet at Siberia, an eclectic little club in New Orleans. Keep your eye on The Deslondes, whose first album is scheduled for release next month.

I'm super excited to be seeing Sufjan Stevens this evening. I was shut out of the presale, and had no luck during the regular on sale. I had accepted the fact that I wouldn't be going, but continued to check Ticketmaster once or twice a day. A week or two ago I logged in and pulled 6th row center. Sort of can't believe it! I'm in love with his new record, and can't wait to hear those songs live!