Wilco mention on American Idol

Ok. This is the third time that I've seen this tonight. And they've all been in separate threads.

What exactly was said? How did Randy Jackson go from Ryan Adams to Wilco? I'm assuming he threw in their name to color his commentary on that guy's performance. "Sounded good. A bit like Ryan Adams or a Wilco." I don't watch that show and I never will. I will Google Image Katherine McPhee though. :wub

Paul McDonald sang Ryan Adams ("with an R," he emphasized). Then Randy basically said hey, this is the kind of music you like, Whiskeytown and Wilco, and that's cool. JLo, on the other hand, had never heard of Ryan Adams.

Unfortunately, I don't think Paul did well enough (or picked a popular enough song) to get the votes.

The guy looks like Bradley Cooper and Matthew Perry's love child. With a dash of Dominic Monaghan.

Anyways, at least the last two times that WIlco was mentioned on national television was by 2 people of color. :ninja

The fact that he had to clean up the lyrics made it suck even worse. I love that song but it was a bad choice for national TV.

When RA did the song on Letterman a couple of years ago, he sang "Screw all my friends".

So the amount of suckage you feel this version of the song engaged should be given a mulligan for that portion of the sucking. But suck it does nonetheless. This guy is so really bad and he butchers a really beautiful song.

That was horrible.

It's really sad.

First time I heard this chipmonk, I thought he might have a Ray Lamontagne thing going on. But boy, he just can't sing. I don't know if I have ever heard a song in J# before. OMFG

When RA did the song on Letterman a couple of years ago, he sang "Screw all my friends".

Not sure what you're getting at here. "Screw all my friends" is the original lyric, no? The Idol version said "Lose all my friends," which is just ridiculous.

Anyway, I guess he made it through to the next week.

Not sure what you're getting at here. "Screw all my friends" is the original lyric, no? The Idol version said "Lose all my friends," which is just ridiculous.

Anyway, I guess he made it through to the next week.

I was thinking of the "fuck me up" lyric...but they just killed the vocals there

evil.jpg

scary scary....just bad....real bad....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRnoh86FD2A

One is greatness, one is crap. And there ain't no doubt about which one is which

The guy wasn't that bad on earlier performances. I hope he rebounds.

I agree. After hearing his horrible rendition of this song, I went back and listened to some of his other song. They weren't that bad.

I haven't watched American Idol since Season 5. I don't really miss it.

At least they didn't credit the song to the performer of a cover version, like when they credited "When the Stars Go Blue" to Tim McGraw a few years ago! Come on, really?!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRnoh86FD2A

One is greatness, one is crap. And there ain't no doubt about which one is which

Saw the Idol version of the song which sucked. I guess part of the problem was they only had 1min 40 seconds (something like that) to sing the song so of course it got butchtered. Not a great song selection to begin with. It got me thinking if the contestant was a Wilco fan-what song might they have chosen to be butchered?

Thanks for posting RA on letterman the way it should have been sung.