Jeff Tweedy - Queen Elizabeth Theatre - Toronto - 3/22

I thought the crowd was cool. I enjoy the people who yell out things because it gets Jeff going. I was laughing my ass off at times.

as a taper and someone who generaly goes to shows for the music. The ones that laugh and encourage shout outs can at times be more annoying then the ones that do the shouting out. :dontgetit

I missed Acuff-Rose :( The lights around me came on and I figured it was over.

Bus to catch? :ohwell

i took some pics during the encore, they are decidedly meh. will re-size them and post later...

the guy who laughed was more impressed than anything. he also had a running commentary going about much he loved 'this' song.

*Jeff came out pretty promptly at 9 p.m. and played until about 10:35. Thought we might get one more new song, but maybe he'll do a different one tomorrow night. I was just as glad to get a second listen to the one I'm calling "Open Up Your Mind." It's definitely got some interesting, very poetically crafted lyrics, and a folky feel to it.

This was the one he played at the Rahm fundraiser?

as a taper and someone who generaly goes to shows for the music. The ones that laugh and encourage shout outs can at times be more annoying then the ones that do the shouting out. :dontgetit

Bus to catch? :ohwell

1.) I think everyone goes for the music but 99% of the shout outs and laughs came between songs so who cares? I think the give and take between Jeff (or any singer for that matter) and the crowd makes the show more fun as long as it isn't over the top annoying. The only dude that was a little annoying was the dude in the front that kept shouting "Crank it to 11" or whatever. But from my vantage point he only did that between songs.

2.) Had to drive back to Buffalo. Had class at 8am.

I could listen to that finger picking outro to Acuff Rose all day long...so good. Thanks for posting.

Listened to it again this afternoon and accused the husband of singing along.

He said it wasn't him, but Dave Hodge:

hodge-430x350_61226.jpg

did any/everyone see my post in the "Just a Fan" forum? I'm giving away my tix for tonight (Mar 23 in Toronto) because I can't go, due to bummy roads, and living out of town. PM me if you're interested.

did any/everyone see my post in the "Just a Fan" forum? I'm giving away my tix for tonight (Mar 23 in Toronto) because I can't go, due to bummy roads, and living out of town. PM me if you're interested.

Many thanks to cosplusisin whose generosity and multiple calls to the venue allowed me to be at the show tonight. Wilco fans are the best! :cheers

• 3 weeks later...