Now Playing: April, 2011

tvotrcovsss452.jpg

TV On The Radio - Nine Types Of Light

Going to see them tomorrow. Hope they don't still suck live.

upset.gif

Bassist Gerard Smith passed away today from lung cancer and all dates for the next week are cancelled

http://www.tvontheradio.com/splash/

We are very sad to announce the death of our beloved friend and bandmate, Gerard Smith, following a courageous fight against lung cancer. Gerard passed away the morning of April 20th, 2011. We will miss him terribly.

The following shows will be cancelled:

April 20 St. Andrew Halls, Detroit MI

April 22 Metro, Chicago IL

April 23 First Ave, Minneapolis MN

April 24 First Ave, Minneapolis MN

April 26 Ogden, Denver CO

There will be more information as it becomes available.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

upset.gif

Bassist Gerard Smith passed away today from lung cancer and all dates for the next week are cancelled

http://www.tvontheradio.com/splash/

We are very sad to announce the death of our beloved friend and bandmate, Gerard Smith, following a courageous fight against lung cancer. Gerard passed away the morning of April 20th, 2011. We will miss him terribly.

The following shows will be cancelled:

April 20 St. Andrew Halls, Detroit MI

April 22 Metro, Chicago IL

April 23 First Ave, Minneapolis MN

April 24 First Ave, Minneapolis MN

April 26 Ogden, Denver CO

There will be more information as it becomes available.

Rest in peace, Mr. Gerard Smith. Onto filling the empty voids that are the dead band member and tonight...

I haven't read anybody saying anything about this one on this board, but this is a really, really, really good record. There are textures in these songs that I really haven't heard in any Foo songs heretofore.

Foo_Fighters_Wasting_Light_Album_Cover.jpg

I haven't read anybody saying anything about this one on this board, but this is a really, really, really good record. There are textures in these songs that I really haven't heard in any Foo songs heretofore.

Really? I like it more than the recent albums but still like the first 4 albums better. But it's early yet and I need to keep listening.

Been listening to this record non-stop for a few weeks now. It's awesome! Have you listened to Medium Rare yet? Actually, it's a pretty decent cover album...

I guess this thread is pretty dead nowadays...I remember when this thread was the shit, like 45 pages in a month. Crazy. So instead of complaining, I will participate, here's what I'm listening to:

61GZOLJ2lNL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

The board in general has been dead. Has everyone migrated somewhere else?

Yeah, it's been pretty dead for months. I heard of another site popping up a while back, don't know the address though. I guess only certain people were told its location.

NP:

timber-timbre-creep-on-creepin-on.jpg?w=400&h=400

Timber Timbre - Creep On Creepin' On

Been listening to this record non-stop for a few weeks now. It's awesome! Have you listened to Medium Rare yet? Actually, it's a pretty decent cover album...

No, no I haven't. The indy record store I frequent didn't have it on RSD. I am not a huge cover of the cover song anyway.

No, no I haven't. The indy record store I frequent didn't have it on RSD. I am not a huge cover of the cover song anyway.

Yeah, me either...but, for a covers record, it's not bad. I don't see them keeping this unreleased for long though...if they can make a buck, they will...

Also, I think maybe the music is today, sites like this are kind of losing steam? Who knows, maybe this new Wilco album will bring 'em back...

Yeah, sadly, I agree. I put it on for the first time yesterday and only got halfway through before I got so bored with it that I turned it off.

I'm sure I'll return to it and give it another go and make it all the way through. But wow, out of all the possible reactions I could have had to this album, boredom was one I never expected.

I posted something similar earlier in this thread but I do like your line "out of all the possible reactions I could have had to this album, boredom was one I never expected." I have seen them play some of the songs live and in true Feelies fashion, they do rev them up a bit.

I read one review that basically said that the songs were not great but it still has the Feelies sound, and if you like that sound it's a decent album. That's pretty much how I feel after a few listens. I remember hearing The Good Earth when it first came out and about halfway through the first side saying to my friend "this might be my new favorite band." There is just something about the interplay of the two guitars and the two drums that appeals to me.

i think it's my fave foo's record. not a single song i'll skip. every album until now has had at least 2 songs i'm so so on. this album kicks ass front to back.