http://www.newwestrecords.com/pages/steve-earle-facebook-download/

here's a link to get an mp3 from the new album and the first chapter of his book. i really liked Washington Square Serenade, so i'm looking forward to this. i started reading the chapter...not bad. it's a junkie tale.

I've only listened to the album twice but so far I'm pretty bored with it. I miss the days when he used to rock out a little. Made the ballads hit harder. Also, I find Allison Moorer's stuff to be pretty forgettable, and don't really like when the two of them duet.

• 3 weeks later...

some pretty good traditional sounding stuff. he's definitely not as angry as before. i'm a little tired of TBone Burnette producing every frickin' album that comes out. that muffled stand up bass mono sound is getting really old.

some pretty good traditional sounding stuff. he's definitely not as angry as before. i'm a little tired of TBone Burnette producing every frickin' album that comes out. that muffled stand up bass mono sound is getting really old.

The new Earle and the latest Mellencamp record are the only Burnett produced records I bought recently, so I guess I am not burned out, yet. Looking at Burnett's website, the only other one I have that he produced is the Counting Crowes' August record, which I bought when it came out - haven't listened to that one in ages.

The new Earle and the latest Mellencamp record are the only Burnett produced records I bought recently, so I guess I am not burned out, yet. Looking at Burnett's website, the only other one I have that he produced is the Counting Crowes' August record, which I bought when it came out - haven't listened to that one in ages.

Crazy Heart (soundtrack) (2010)

Jakob Dylan: Women + Country (2010)

Willie Nelson: Country Music (2010)

Robert Randolph and the Family Band: We Walk this Road

John Mellencamp: No Better than This (2010)

Elton John & Leon Russell: Union (2010)

Secret Sisters: Secret Sisters (2010)

Ghost Brothers of Darkland County (2011)

Gregg Allman: Low Country Blues (2011)

Steve Earle(2011)

i think his production served mellencamp well.

Steve was on qtv recently. Apparently he and Alison are having a baby. Weird

Yea, I saw him last night at a little radio gig that I won tickets to. Great stuff. He mentioned the baby, John Henry, and how that slowed him down from touring with Allison.

He played a few songs from the new album along with a couple of others. All sounded great despite some technical difficulties.

I've listened to the new album 3 or 4 times through and think it's great. Also a bit of a grower. This guy is in quite an artistic peak with a novel, acting, new album and a play in the works. Keep 'em coming Steve.

In the cd packaging there is a great photo of Earle with John Henry sitting over the recording console. The kid is fiddling with the sliders and buttons. The DVD that came with the deluxe edition, though short, is pretty decent. Burnett is always shown while sitting on an overstuffed leather couch...he looks pretty funny - he doesn't have the best sitting posture :lol .