I am not sure if Romney is going to talk much about his MA days - health care will be tossed back in his lap - plus he was only a governor for one term and half that term he was planning his 2008 Presidential run.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard multiple times the figure that MA ranked 47th in the nation in job creation during Romney's term, so there is that...

Yeah, I was going to mention that... and the 3 states that did worse than MA got hit by hurricane Katrina.

And the things he did in MA that are commendable -- most notably RomneyCare -- he's distanced himself from.

It's funny how the guy who wants the top political/public service position in the country only wants to talk about his private industry experience. GWB showed us that being successful in business doesn't necessarily translate into how well you run the country... though it does indicate the direction you'd take -- more business tax cuts, more deregulation, fewer environmental protections, privatization of government services, etc... all of which Romney has stated he wants.

GWB showed us that being successful in business doesn't necessarily translate into how well you run the country...

GWB was successful in business?

he was another one that got money from daddy put it in some deal set up by daddy and made more money. whooptie shit.

if i ever have kids i would point to gw bush and donald trump as exactly who you DONT want to be. the bum on the street has more integrity IMO.

those guys are the losers. not the winners. limbaughs junkie ass too

he was another one that got money from daddy put it in some deal set up by daddy and made more money. whooptie shit.

if i ever have kids i would point to gw bush and donald trump as exactly who you DONT want to be. the bum on the street has more integrity IMO.

those guys are the losers. not the winners. limbaughs junkie ass too

I think you're being kind just calling those three losers. They have all actively been assholes, IMHO.

I still remember GWB condescendingly referring to "the angry left." I wanted to scream in his face, We're angry because our country is killing hundreds of thousands of innocent women and children in a war based on false intelligence, you moron!

Trump is just a smug bastard who truly believes that any press is good press. He would be funny if he didn't push his political views so hard into the public eye. (Whenever he does that, I wonder: where are all the people on the far right criticizing him for being another entertainer espousing his politics publicly? Oh yeah, if they agree with the person, it's okay. Same with Ted Nugent...)

Limbaugh...racist, sexist, and yet somehow incredibly self-righteous. I find him one of the most reprehensible human beings in the public eye today. I wouldn't piss on him if his head were on fire.

Anyone else play with the electoral college map on realclearpolitics.com? Obama could lose NH, FL, OH, IN and CO, and still pull out a squeaker if he holds on to VA & NC. Or if he holds onto FL and loses VA & NC. Very hard to see how Romney wins enough electoral votes, unless something drastic breaks his way, even with unemployment still high.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/obama_vs_romney_create_your_own_electoral_college_map.html

Anyone else play with the electoral college map on realclearpolitics.com? Obama could lose NH, FL, OH, IN and CO, and still pull out a squeaker if he holds on to VA & NC. Or if he holds onto FL and loses VA & NC. Very hard to see how Romney wins enough electoral votes, unless something drastic breaks his way, even with unemployment still high.

http://www.realclear...ollege_map.html

It's still so early, though. We haven't even reached the summer.

so i guess if someone says "in my opinion the president is a nazi not born in the US muslim hell bent on the destruction of the US marxist that smoked crack when he way gay in college blah blah blah" that its just another opinion on a subject?

oh and trust me they say all that and more

Let me get this straight: there are people who really think Obama is a foreign-born, gay, Marxist Nazi junkie?

Guest Jules

Let me get this straight: there are people who really think Obama is a foreign-born, gay, Marxist Nazi junkie?

Yes. "They".

It's still so early, though. We haven't even reached the summer.

You're right, but the electoral math shows what an uphill battle Rob-Me faces. Obama could win only the following states and still win 270-268.

Washington

Oregon

California

Nevada

New Mexico

Minnesota

Wisconsin

Illinois

Michigan

Hawaii

Virginia

D.C.

Delaware

New Jersey

Conn.

Rhode Island

Mass.

Pennsylvania

New York

Vermont

New Hampshire

Maine

In other words, he could actually lose a bunch of states he won in '08, including Florida, Ohio, North Carolina and Indiana, and still win. The biggest challenge for Obama is getting his base fired up and getting a few new voters to carry the "safe" Obama states again.

Yes, it is a snarky nickname for Romney, kind of like Nobama, which I see on the internet in the comments section of every political post.

Wow, I was just trying to get a dying thread going again and I ignited a firestorm with that? :lol

Oh, and it is based on Willard's fabulous experience gutting companies and making a shit-ton of money...sort of like stealing from the poor and giving to the rich, but not exactly...