• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neville Chamberlin lives.

and the award for blowing things out of proportion goes to Crow.

So offer up some suggestions, which was asked of you. After Syria, should we go to Darfur? Then where? The world sucks but the US does not have resources to stop all of the bad things from happening.

and the award for blowing things out of proportion goes to Crow.

So offer up some suggestions, which was asked of you. After Syria, should we go to Darfur? Then where? The world sucks but the US does not have resources to stop all of the bad things from happening.

I don';t have to give any suggestions...those issues are above my pay grade. They are not above Mr. Obama's paygrade.

I don';t have to give any suggestions...those issues are above my pay grade. They are not above Mr. Obama's paygrade.

Let's be clear. You're mad at him for doing nothing. Comparing him to Chamberlain. But have no ideas to offer. None. Brilliant analysis.

Jules you are one jaded mother f'er.

Life's a bitch. And then you die.

For jaded, I look to Eazy-E. "Fuck a bitch and then get high".

Eazy-E was an ardent George H.W. Bush supporter.

Let's be clear. You're mad at him for doing nothing. Comparing him to Chamberlain. But have no ideas to offer. None. Brilliant analysis.

Why do your or my ideas have any degree of importance?

I'm not an actor or a musician.

I just always hoped The United States would decline so rapidly in my lifetime.

I was reading a history of Chicago last month, and all I could think was "holy shit, life was fucking hard 150 years ago"

We have SO many comforts at our disposal now, whether it's plumbing, access to quality produce year-round, medical treatment, or transportation...

But, if by "U.S. decline in your lifetime," you are referring to the decline in face-to-face relationships and communication due to the rise of social-interaction technology, that's totally valid.

(I typed to a group of people I've never met)

But it's ok since they're job creators. The more money they have in their personal bank accounts, the more people they will employ. Didn't you know that's how business works?

This "businesses are job creators" canard is testament to our nation's collective lack of critical thinking ability. The only true job creators are consumers. If demand doesn't increase, supply won't be increased. The only reason a business hires more workers is to produce more of their product to meet the increased demand. Businesses don't want to hire more workers because paying more wages means less profits for the stockholders. They are only going to do so if the higher demand (sales) allows higher profits in spite of increasing wages. Of course the businesses do the actual hiring but only because consumers are buying more products.

The proponents of this "job creator" BS have to be laughing at the ignorance of the average American. "Yeah, Mabel. Them Trump boys want to hire folks but the gov'mint won't help 'em out". "Uh, yes. That's right, Clem. I'd happily increase my staff if I had lower taxes. I stay awake at night thinking about all of the jobless Americans I could bring on if i just had some government support. The type that Mr. Romney would provide".

I don't know what we can do for Syria. I think the Libya engagement showed a more calculated restraing for an American military operation. Nonetheless it still killed innocents. While it did help the people we meant to help, recent Libyan history has followed the classic revolution timeline of overthrowing a dictator and then instating another violent, unstable regime.

Wars don't solve problems they just grind peoples bodies up. There has not been an ethically justifiable American war in over half a century. Well fed American citizens sit back from where the ground doesn't shake and trash a president for not sending our poor youth to go tear apart citizens in some country they don't really understand.

This is not to mention that attacking Syria would put us in another cold war situation, or much worse, with Russia.

Guest Jules

For whoever it was that wrote that BS about how rich people pay all the taxes in this country, while poor people pay nothing, here is a little reality check right out of today's headlines:

http://news.yahoo.co...s-politics.html

You should actually read the articles you post.

If demand doesn't increase, supply won't be increased. The only reason a business hires more workers is to produce more of their product to meet the increased demand. Businesses don't want to hire more workers because paying more wages means less profits for the stockholders. They are only going to do so if the higher demand (sales) allows higher profits in spite of increasing wages. Of course the businesses do the actual hiring but only because consumers are buying more products.

The fact that some people don't understand such a simple concept is what we should really be worried about.

You should actually read the articles you post.

Jules, I read every word of that article. Did this part somehow escape you?

On the federal level, the nearly 21,000 high-income earners who aren't paying federal income tax represent only one half of one percent of the 4 million tax filers that make up the top 3 percent.

So what that is saying is that there are four million tax filers who make up the top 3 percent, and you should realize that most of them get plenty of tax breaks. For example, look at the nice low level at which Mitt Romney is taxed. And furthermore, there are 21,000 high-income earners who manage to weasel out of paying federal income taxes at all. Percentage-wise, that is not a large amount, but 21,000 people is a hell of a lot of people. I have been in a few places where 21,000 people were at the same time, and it's a lot. The fact that there are that many rich people who actually pay NO FEDERAL TAXES should make people's blood boil, not the millions of people who are too poor to even be able to pay taxes.