• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the damn republicans keep saying over and over that 60 percent of Americans are against the affordable care act. they are taking the 30 percent of americans (republicans) and the 30 percent of americans (progressives) that wanted single payer and dont think the bill has done enough and keep adding them together to come up with the horseshit. so lame and boring

It just might be the first time in the history of American politics that a candidate has made a campaign promise that would be very hard to actually implement.

But the thing is, ending ACA is Romney's central point in this current news cycle. I want someone to ask him, how he is going to repeal ACA. The entire press is so feckless. I wish they would put all politicians to task on their promises. Just one simple question, "How?"

It's a bad question. It's been answered plainly here. A better question would be why put so much effort trying to repeal a federal law so similar to one you promoted in Massachusetts? Or why do you want to completely repeal a law when you have supported so many of its individual tenets?

It's a bad question. It's been answered plainly here. A better question would be why put so much effort trying to repeal a federal law so similar to one you promoted in Massachusetts? Or why do you want to completely repeal a law when you have supported so many of its individual tenets?

Since Mitt has distanced himself entirely from his more centrist policies, I doubt he would ever come close to answering any of those questions (although really good ones). Mitt seems hell bent on reversing anything that Obama has done, I want to know how he plans on doing it.

Two points that seem striking about Romney:

- As pointed out, running against the ACA would be idiotic since he kind of invented it.

- No one on here who's mentioned voting for him seems to have any passion for him. In fact I'm not convinced that Jules, or Bleedorange even really want to vote for him. He's that tepid and meaningless of a politician. He's like a Mormon cyborg with a handsome face that just absorbs whatever crap might poll well and then pukes it into a microphone while he sounds uncomfortable. I'm not even sure if Romney has won his own vote.

This one struck me:

531415_440103166010281_208588604_n.jpg

Either way I agree with Jules, Romney does not care about ACA in so much as disagreeing with it will help him get elected.

What exactly DOES Mitt care about anyway, besides BEING President. I think that's about it.

LouieB

Oh! Ok so it's a tax. Hahaha

I love how I am now seeing ads calling ACA the biggest tax increase ever (or some crap).

The tax is only for those who choose not to have insurance. If you have insurance, you ain't gonna get taxed.

And yes, anything paid to the IRS is a tax.

Also I love how the GOP sees the mandate as an attack on personal freedom. You know what you still have the choice to not buy health insurance, you just have to pay a tax to the Government to make that choice. I have a choice to pull money from my 401k before I am 59 1/2. If I so choose I have to pay a penalty (aka tax) to the IRS.

The government can't make anyone do anything. However if you break a law you have to pay the price.

Guest Jules

In fact I'm not convinced that Jules, or Bleedorange even really want to vote for him.

That's not fair. I don't want to do anything.

so another call by Obama to extend the Bush era tax cuts on income less than 250K*.

and another round of punditry saying class warfare, rich make too much, etc.

Personally I want to see the Bush era tax cuts for income less than 250K kept in place. I would also like to see an exemption for small businesses (which the remove of the tax cuts would effected nearly 900K).

Congress ain't gonna act on this before the election. So it is just another talking point.

*not the tax cut would affect income made over 250K. So if you make 275K only 25K would be taxed higher. I am sure the GOP will try to spin this as a giant tax increase for everyone.

It would be nice to vote for some one I believe in. Instead I just play the game of voting against the other guy. I wish Obama's 1st term was more impressive. I'll vote for him again cause I am not voting for the other guy. But what about the libertian canidate? The 3rd party needs a bigger boost.

Responsible for what exactly? A poorly managed budget?

A poorly managed budget and a dysfunctional political system.

Imagine any politician getting elected by saying, "I want the Bush era tax cuts to expire."

Unfortunately with our current political climate, I see our economy getting a lot worse before it gets better.

Unfortunately with our current political climate, I see our economy getting a lot worse before it gets better.

In my perverse moments I would like to see Mitt Romney get elected just to see how badly he can screw things up instead. That people want to ramp up more Reganomics is an amazing thing.

LouieB

I think Mitt Romney is like JFK and Abraham Lincoln all rolled up into one. I am proud to support him!

Understatement of the year.

I was pretty sure he campaigned on letting them expire and then went back on it.

show your work.

Also the Bush tax cuts where never intended to be permanent. They were suppose to stimulate the economy, and we all know how that went.

Understatement of the year.

show your work.

Also the Bush tax cuts where never intended to be permanent. They were suppose to stimulate the economy, and we all know how that went.

The Bush tax cuts were maybe secondarily meant to stimulate the economy, but the primary purpose was to give the citizens some of that short lived surplus back.