New Wilco 7" @ Solid Sound

Shit!

From Wilco's Facebook:

"News flash: New Wilco 7" single for sale at the Solid Sound Festival this June. The A-side is a new Wilco tune called "I Might" and it's b/w a cover of the Nick Lowe-penned "I Love My Label." This will be the first release on dBpm Records and will be available to the rest of the world sometime in July. More recording news to come very, very soon. Standby."

Shit!

From Wilco's Facebook:

"News flash: New Wilco 7" single for sale at the Solid Sound Festival this June. The A-side is a new Wilco tune called "I Might" and it's b/w a cover of the Nick Lowe-penned "I Love My Label." This will be the first release on dBpm Records and will be available to the rest of the world sometime in July. More recording news to come very, very soon. Standby."

Very, very cool! Love that they're covering Nick Lowe. Saw Ted Leo do that song at the Matador 21 Fest in Vegas last October and it's quite fitting for this inital dBpm release. :thumbup

Guess I should bring my portable 7" player to Solid Sound?

Yes the sight of thousands of people desperately looking for a 'record player' whilst stuck on site. Paul, you could make a fortune that weekend with exclusive listening sessions! Great news though!!

• 1 month later...

Sometimes I wonder if there are people in a third world country with all the t-shirts and tote bags Wilco doesn't manage to get rid of.

I do actually like that shirt design, but I won't order Wilco shirts online anymore. I got the orange one with the Scrabble tiles on it awhile back because I needed one more item to be able to get a good discount. It's really low quality. I've never had a Wilco shirt that's held up well, aside from my Pronto and Singers shirts.

I'm looking forward to picking this up at Solid Sound, but I'm glad to see they're selling it online, too, so people who can't make it to the festival can still get a copy.

When does the pre-order ship? I haven't pre-ordered from the wilco store before. Do they ship before its available in stores?

According to the Wilco Store:

Pre-orders will ship on or near July 14, 2011 to allow delivery by the I Might 7" release date, July 19. Any items ordered with pre-order items will ship at the same time.

How much does a 7" typically cost? I'm used to songs at $.99 - 1.29/ each and this is quite a bit more. Is that typical?

The Tweedys need to eat, ya know! ;-)

Songs cost $0.99 when they are nothing but 1's and 0's and cost NOTHING to duplicate. But stick two songs (1 of them which had to be licensed) onto some vinyl, design a cover, do a small run. $5-6, seems about right.

So, if Wilco Store is getting blue vinyl and the UK is getting silver, any guesses as to the Solid Sound exclusive color?

There are two colours available from the website, black and blue, so maybe one of those?

I'm going for the silver one!

• 3 weeks later...