New Wilco 7" @ Solid Sound

I don't have a copy (not yet anyway) but as a guess, it's a collector thing. I would guess that the centre piece would pop out if you wanted to pop it out and if you want to leave it as is, you can.

Looking at it again, I think the Solid Sound thing with the red and yellow S is actually a sticker on the mylar sleeve that the 45 is on top of in the photo. The fact that it's perfectly centered makes it look like a 45 without a hole.

The Solid Sound sticker is on the sleeve; the 45 hole is there (listening to it now after a long drive back last night).

Looking at it again, I think the Solid Sound thing with the red and yellow S is actually a sticker on the mylar sleeve that the 45 is on top of in the photo. The fact that it's perfectly centered makes it look like a 45 without a hole.

In my haste to post, didn't read this! Let's just pretend mine is a confirmation.

They had singles autographed by the band at the festival, being sold at a little record store that was set-up. The band came in and signed them earlier that day. The shop only had a handful though, so they sold in minutes...

However, I was lucky enough to get one (they were only $8!)

tumblr_lnglg7iYAv1qbcuh9.jpg

They had singles autographed by the band at the festival, being sold at a little record store that was set-up. The band came in and signed them earlier that day. The shop only had a handful though, so they sold in minutes...

I remember seeing a box of them sitting on the windowsill Friday, asked the guy in charge and he said to listen to the Solid Sound radio channel for details...which was kind of annoying, because I was (of course) at the festival.

Anyway, congrats on snagging one!

I don't have a copy (not yet anyway) but as a guess, it's a collector thing. I would guess that the centre piece would pop out if you wanted to pop it out and if you want to leave it as is, you can.

Got ya covered buddy!

We managed to get two of the clear vinyl no problem. We missed out on the signed copies, but got Glenn, Pat, Mikael and Nels to sign ours as we saw them out in the crowd over the weekend. At one point Jeff was actually behind the counter selling some with Tony Margherita, but I missed that too. Too much to see!

Got ya covered buddy!

We managed to get two of the clear vinyl no problem. We missed out on the signed copies, but got Glenn, Pat, Mikael and Nels to sign ours as we saw them out in the crowd over the weekend. At one point Jeff was actually behind the counter selling some with Tony Margherita, but I missed that too. Too much to see!

Totally owe you one. :worship I really appreciate this.

You need one of those 45 converters to be able to play it. There's no separate piece that pops out. My record player came with one, but they were selling them this weekend and have them in the Wilco store as well.

I'm glad the single came with a download, too, because I don't want to play the record too much. It's tempting, though, since it sounds great! I may pick up a second copy of it if I can find one locally. I got two there but gave one to a friend who hadn't gotten it yet. I really love the song--it's layered and orchestrated in that way I've been waiting for from this lineup. I'm very excited to hear the rest of the album in September and looking forward to the Toronto shows.

• 2 weeks later...

Great deal for a signed copy.

So my blue one arrived today. 2 qualms, my label is reversed, and the whammy guitar part in the chorus sound like its reversed :blink Something don't sound right.

Could be my fault, never played a 45 on my new turntable. But the label saying Side 1 when its Side 2 isn't.