Guest Speed Racer

It wasn't a "40 minute shootout".

From the Washington Post:

Meanwhile, the team dropped outside the compound joined the unit from the damaged helicopter and pressed ahead, exchanging fire with the courier and his brother until both men were killed.

The commandos moved inside, and finally reached bin Laden’s upstairs living quarters after nearly 40 minutes on the ground.

ETA: Not at all trying to 'prove you wrong' here, as neither of us were actually there; just letting you know where I got that from.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It makes me wonder how someone that managed to evade capture for so many years didn't have some kind of escape tunnel or something installed in his compound that he lived in since 2005..

Or better yet if he at least attempted to slip out the back or something. Interesting that he waited on the second floor for them to come and get him...

Stolen from a facebook friend:

Personally, I would not describe myself as "happy" or "celebratory," but I know that I am completely fed up with all the sanctimonious postings telling everyone else that how they feel is wrong.

Just some stuff I read somewhere:

"Say to them, 'As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign LORD, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn from their ways and live.'"

- Ezekiel 33:11

"Do not gloat when your enemy falls; when they stumble, do not let your heart rejoice, or the LORD will see and disapprove and turn his wrath away from them."

- Proverbs 24:17-18

So all of those who cheered and waved flags to celebrate bin Laden's death must not have been Christians, right?

Being Christian is not dependent upon knowledge of, or compliance with the Old Testament.

I think you're trying to say it IS black & white here. killing is always bad according to you. I disagree and could come up with a number of scenarios in which I believe killing someone is perfectly justified.

your buddy Woody may disagree. i'm a proponent of nonviolence through and through. killing just breeds more killing. until we get that figured out as a species, the cycle will continue.

I like Patton Oswalds comment:

No matter how collected Obama is during his speech, he's hearing LL Cool J's "Mama Said Knock You Out" blasting in his head.

your buddy Woody may disagree. i'm a proponent of nonviolence through and through. killing just breeds more killing. until we get that figured out as a species, the cycle will continue.

I myself dabbled in pacifism once. Not in 'Nam of course.

Amazing picture of the president and his Security Staff watching the raid go down in real time, from the White House Situation Room:

tjRP1.jpg

That short lady in back must not be very popular if those guys aren't letting her stand in front of them.

She should have gotten there earlier.

Where'd they get the kiddy chair Obama appears to be sitting in?

That short lady in back must not be very popular if those guys aren't letting her stand in front of them.

she's apparently Audrey Tomason, Director For Counterterrorism.

Around the table: Joe Biden, vice president; Barack Obama, president; Marshall Webb, brigadier general, Denis McDonough, deputy National Security Advisor; Hillary Clinton, secretary of state; Robert Gates, secretary of defence. Standing: Mike Mullen, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff; Tom Donilon, National Security Advisor; Bill Daley, Chief of Staff; Antony Blinken, advisor to Joe Biden; Audrey Tomason, counterterrorism director; John Brennan, presidential assistant; James Clapper, director of national intelligence.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_theenvoy/20110503/ts_yblog_theenvoy/in-aftermath-of-bin-laden-raid-new-intelligence-shifting-accounts

Yeah they watched it in real time, yet they can't figure out if there were one or two women there. I can just see it now:

"...wait, we said Osama's wife identified him, and we also said Osama used her as a human shield. Dammit!! How are we going to fix that one? Well, let's just say there were two women there and blame it on confusion over how fast everything went down."

Guest Speed Racer

Yeah they watched it in real time, yet they can't figure out if there were one or two women there. I can just see it now:

You know it's not like CSI, right?