i think i'm gonna wait till i have the disc in my hand. i love the cover art and the song titles. i'm pretty sure this is gonna be awesome.

you are stronger than i am. it is quite good.

• 2 weeks later...

Gillian Welch and David Rawlings were just on "Fresh Air" on my local NPR station. Nice interview, lots of songs. Can't wait to see them live again!

p.s. Crossing my fingers that Wilco or JT will finally appear on Fresh Air!

thanks for the heads up.

yes, it's high time either farrar or tweedy are on fresh air.

Gillian Welch and David Rawlings were just on "Fresh Air" on my local NPR station. Nice interview, lots of songs. Can't wait to see them live again!

p.s. Crossing my fingers that Wilco or JT will finally appear on Fresh Air!

Actually, Jeff did have a short interview with Terri Gross that aired on September 2, 2002, just before IATTBYH opened. You can find a link to it here. When you click on the link to the Fresh Air interview, you'll find that the Listen button doesn't work (for me, anyway). The only way you can listen is to click on the Real Media link on the right. It's a short but nice interview, and he sings "Hesitating Beauty" in the studio.

I included that link above because it's got links to a lot of other Wilco-related content. Most diehard fans have probably read these already, but some people might find some choice nuggets. I enjoy rereading some of them after a few years.

I too would love to hear a whole long interview on Fresh Air. There is a great, over an hour long interview with Bob Edwards available, but I think I had to buy it on audible.com. Well worth the money, though. It was around A Ghost is Born, and they go through the entire UT history all the way up to and slightly past AGIB, as I recall. Bob Edwards does his research, and Jeff gives great interview!

There is a great, over an hour long interview with Bob Edwards available, but I think I had to buy it on audible.com. Well worth the money, though. It was around A Ghost is Born, and they go through the entire UT history all the way up to and slightly past AGIB, as I recall. Bob Edwards does his research, and Jeff gives great interview!

Wow, hope I can put my hands on this! Plus it'd be nice just to hear Bob Edwards' voice again. Thanks for the info!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Gillian Welch and David Rawlings opened for Bright Eyes at a show I saw in Atlanta at the Fox in 2007. They were just mesmerizing. They also joined Conor and the gang for a few songs at the end of the show--might've been encores. That whole concert was one for the memory book.

Her & David's version of Radiohead's 'Black Star' is incredible. I still prefer their version over Radiohead's version.

There is also a live version of Gillian & David dueting with Ryan Adams on Gillian's 'The Revalator'. This is actually the song that got me into Gillian's music. I do like the new album well enough.

• 6 years later...

We just saw Gillian and Dave as acoustic duo and they once again had us mesmerized and blown away at not just their locked in harmonies, his stunning fingerpicking, and the authentic living representation of archaic folk music but even more by the deep well of collective consciousness from which they seem to draw, making simple folk music feel like a profound cosmic experience.

• 2 weeks later...

We just saw Gillian and Dave as acoustic duo and they once again had us mesmerized and blown away at not just their locked in harmonies, his stunning fingerpicking, and the authentic living representation of archaic folk music but even more by the deep well of collective consciousness from which they seem to draw, making simple folk music feel like a profound cosmic experience.

Agreed. I can be totally enthralled by Jay Farrar, Welch/Rawlings, Tweedy and Neil Young in the solo acoustic setting.