Now Playing: June, 2011

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fuckedup_3.jpg

friend's review which I totally agree with:

This new one is all anthems. It is amazing. Black Flag plays Quadrophenia. Layers and layers of chiming/strumming/kerranging chords and a drummer that nearly always opts to pummel = a very happy me.

519INieOT3L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Okay, so I haven't heard all of it yet. Those that have, is the rest of it on par with Calgary? If so, I can't wait. I love that song.

PS - he's touring with The Rosebuds... have my copy of their new one on order as well...

Sublime.

519INieOT3L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Okay, so I haven't heard all of it yet. Those that have, is the rest of it on par with Calgary? If so, I can't wait. I love that song.

PS - he's touring with The Rosebuds... have my copy of their new one on order as well...

Sublime.

at first i was kind of disappointed with the record, but i'm really liking it a lot now. it's a grower.

41K4Zv5jYYL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

In honor of Blues Fest.

LouieB

Did you make it to any of the days, Lou? We made it for a few hours Sat. afternoon. Nice crowd, decent music. Lot's of older people there, who sneaked in their beer which made me laugh a bit. A good mix of crowd, though.

51nsDboIzAL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

These guys will be playing here in Chicago on June 28th with Material re-Issue (formerly MaterialIssue) - a free show.

Should be fun.

I suppose I should write that I am drudging through an eight disc set of The Stones "Satanic Sessions". Some of it is interesting.

Black-Joe-Lewis-Scandalous.jpg

okkervil452.jpg

circuital-my-morning-jacket-cd-cover-art.jpg