Now Playing: June, 2011

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

211E5WCQFWL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Linus of Hollywood - Let Yourself Be Happy

Nothing more of less than perfect pop. Think if Belle & Sebastian were from Southern California, and had less of a politics of sexuality focus, lyrically. A lot more playful, too.

Oh yeah, it's twee!

aOvFl.jpg

Unknown Mortal Orchestra's S/T debut

saw them back in Feb w/ Smith Westerns and loved their performance (quite a bit more than SW actually)

but man... i'm absolutely LOVING the hell out of their debut album (out on Fat Possum next week).

you cans stream it here:

http://soundcloud.co...estra-1/s-fq2VG

RIYL you like Television or Tom Verlaine's guitar work

to me this album is about everything i wished the Tame Impala record was (which i still liked quite a bit)

saw them back in Feb w/ Smith Westerns and loved their performance (quite a bit more than SW actually)

but man... i'm absolutely LOVING the hell out of their debut album (out on Fat Possum next week).

you cans stream it here:

to me this album is about everything i wished the Tame Impala record was (which i still liked quite a bit)

Luv this one too. But then I was a huge Mint Chicks fan. you can also stream from Hereabouts

MarahAlbum_kids.jpg

Elvis-Costello-This-Years-Model.jpg

Rpsecople.jpg

you cans stream it here:

Anything that draws a Television comparison is worth listening to. Looking forward to it.

Picture+2.png

Becoming a huge Daniel Romano fan. It's a shame that he's so unknown, I'll probably never get to see him live. I think I prefer this album to his "Sleep Beneath the Willow's. It's more raw and the recording quality sounds like it's right out of classic country studio.

I hope he stays solo for the long run.. His other band "Attack In Black" is good, but he does the rootsy country thing so damn well.

born-to-run-by-gibsondotcom.jpg

Bruce Springsteen - Born To Run

Rest in peace, Clarence Clemons.

ApologiestotheQueenMary.jpg

Wolf Parade - Apologies To The Queen Mary

51RPQKDSP3L._SS500_.jpg

The Flaming Lips - The Soft Bulletin

More depressing and problematic themes on fathers!