Now Playing: June, 2011

You know, I actually met somebody who thought this was a joint collaboration between Miles and that Jack Johnson. :punch

:lol

I was flipping through the Jack Johnson Session's booklet again this morning and forgot that there are quotes from Nels.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a hell of an album cover (for Beyonce) and Stetson's a hell of a saxophonist. Dude can play.

Probably my oddest juxtaposition for the entire year when it comes to new music. Beyonce's got way too many album covers already with her arms above her shoulders.

I would love to see/feel/hear/VERB Stetson play in my area.

jag135full.jpg

Bon Iver - Bon Iver, Bon Iver

Or at least I think it's called Bon Iver, Bon Iver instead of the singular self-titled. Stupid vague press release and type facing will screw up end of the year list tabulations for Bon Iver. Here we come again, Ohio and Florida.

I heard "SexyBack" at a wedding this past weekend and it put me in mind of it. The whole album is a jam. I wish he would come out with another one, although I'm enjoying his acting work. Great talent.

"Another Song" is a fucking great tune.

61pAfk0RnzL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Been listening to this for the last couple of days and I'm quite happy with it. No surprises, really, but the world badly needed a new Gillian Welch record, whether it was a bold step into new styles (which it's not) or merely another satisfying helping of her familiar formula (which it is).