Now Playing: June, 2011

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

joliehollandptofblood260.jpg

liking this better than the Gillian Welch, but I don't revel in any of the GW discs. Live, it is different and I love seeing her. Interesting that Holland is generally a train wreck live.

joliehollandptofblood260.jpg

liking this better than the Gillian Welch, but I don't revel in any of the GW discs. Live, it is different and I love seeing her. Interesting that Holland is generally a train wreck live.

it has to be better than her last one...

image_1611379.jpg

41gnovDi-mL._SL500_AA300_.jpg51h8oP7fA6L._SL500_AA300_.jpg1793327.jpg41mC%2BYqE4UL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

And also:

The Milligrams - Take Aurally

A very well-made album full of super catchy pop songs, all with an incredibly sophomoric sense of humor at the heart of it all.

it has to be better than her last one...

of course I totally disagree. Last one was marvelous and really welcome after three albums of the same sounding singer/songwriter things. I certainly loved catalpa etc all but she needed to change things up and what's not to like about M Ward's backup?

This one keeps up the same semi-electric direction.

0001117512_350.jpg

of course I totally disagree. Last one was marvelous and really welcome after three albums of the same sounding singer/songwriter things. I certainly loved catalpa etc all but she needed to change things up and what's not to like about M Ward's backup?

This one keeps up the same semi-electric direction.

i found The Living and the Dead just tedious as hell to get through :(