New Single Streaming now

I love the new song. Love the distorted bass (John out front here!), love the retro keyboard lines, love the acoustic guitar and drums intro, love the crunchy guitar lead. It has a really retro sound, like somebody took the 2011 band and put them in the hot tub time machine.

I don't expect that Wilco will become a houshold name (they might get the cover of the Rolling Stone, but that stopped being relevant in 2001). They will get some appearances on Letterman, Leno and Kimmel. They will get the usual ink from what passed for the music press these days. We might see a few more new faces around here. And it will probably be harder to score tickets.

I hope "we" can stop sniping at what "we" think the boys are going to produce and how some of "us" are hating it before "we" hear it. The music is here. More is coming. It won't be AM part 2. It won't be a revisitation of YHF. It won't be Wilco (the album again). If "I might" is any indication, it is going to be rude, rocking and just what we all need these days.

I like the song just fine. Like, don't love. But God forbid someone post a contrary opinion. I know we have someone here called Wilco Worshiper, but I think the point of this board is to discuss Wilco, not fall all over ourselves in constant praise.

The music is here. More is coming. It won't be AM part 2. It won't be a revisitation of YHF. It won't be Wilco (the album again). If "I might" is any indication, it is going to be rude, rocking and just what we all need these days.

Crow......imagine these songs Live.......rude, bad ass, not perfect, it what i've been waitin' for....

-Robert

Crow......imagine these songs Live.......rude, bad ass, not perfect, it what i've been waitin' for....

-Robert

I think shows supporting this record could be epic...They may finally be able to drive a stake through the heart of the alt-country label that still hangs on in some circles.

Guest McGuffin

The b-side is dull, but I suppose that's why it's a b-side. I do like the little jam in the outro of it though.

The a-side is kind of catchy even though it sort of goes nowhere. Good guitar and organ sounds. I don't know why, but it reminds me of the verse of the Smiths' song "There is a Light That Never Goes Out," although it doesn't sound at all the same.

It's alright. Probably a grower.

I Might is pretty damn fun.

not an amazing track or anything, but super fun & creative for being a quick little rocker. a lot of their short rockers the last 2-3 albums have felt really goofy and kind of toss offs.

love John's fuzzy bassline and the xylophone + organ

My favorite of the new songs Born Alone (?) - sounded awesome Friday night...I Might has that 60's Emenee organ thing and the distortion on the bass is very cool...kinda retro/Kingsmen/garage stuff...very cool...is the album still intended to be a double? I prefer the name Get Well Soon, Everybody but I'm hearing The Whole Love...

I think shows supporting this record could be epic...They may finally be able to drive a stake through the heart of the alt-country label that still hangs on in some circles.

Hmm, I don't know. Based on interview comments and those preview videos, it seems like a bunch of the new songs will be in the alt-country vein, with lap steel, etc. I imagine the album will have a Being There -type eclecticism to it. Not that I would want them to shed the alt-country label entirely anyway!

"I Might" is pretty great -- glad to see them returning to up-tempo rockers after all this time.

Hey everybody,

This might have been posted somewhere else but thought I'd drop in to say that there is a youtube video of Wilco doing Born Alone at SolidSound. It sounds really good, so much better with the full band.

Sorry if this is old news!

Thanks Real Revival I hadn't seen it. I like the acoustic version quite a lot, so pretty and being much slower it shows off the beauty of the lyrics. But with the band on it it gains an extra dose of epicality. I also feel this song could easily work at a more aggressive tempo too. Would be a good contender for a punked up version that's what I reckon.

i told myself i wouldnt cheat and listen to anything off the new album until i had the actual lp in my hands, but damn if as soon as i saw the link, i clicked and listened...glad i did! i like this track and am interested in how it fits into the context of the album.

"Dawned on me" sounds like something off Wilco the album.

I like "I might" and that other born alone song. It's now evident though that Wilco is done with the real crazy stuff they did with summerteeth, yhf, and ghost is born.

I did here some summerteeth vibes though, just not a lot of it. Hate to see so much talent toned down though.

It doesn't matter when it comes out though because I'll still buy it and love it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75JQF1ivTdM&feature=player_embedded#at=73

Dawned on me from solid sound.

Liking this one....

Can somebody explain to my how WMG (I am assuming that is Warner Music Group) can own the copyright or have a copyright claim on a 2011 Jeff Tweedy written, Wilco performed song?