Fall 2011 tour dates announced

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I came across a site this a.m. that listed an On Sale date of Saturday July 16th for the Madison, WI show. {Can't find the link now, of course.}

Madison, WI On Sale Info

Maybe it's the same date for every show.

Site says, "Tickets go on sale to the public on July 16, and we can only imagine that they’ll get snatched up faster than the bandwidth on Wilco’s site."

Thus, presale likely before then?

According to Wilco via Facebook all on sale info will be made available sometime next week.

AND

West Coast later this year or early next year.

Those were responses to various people "complaining" that their city wasn't shown yet, so it may be a bit tough to find that if you just look at the status updates.

Edit: Someone mentioned an appearance on either Letterman or Fallon. I'm thinking they might be on SNL for their first episode back from the summer hiatus (sept 24).

damn...can't find shite about when on-sale begins for the two-night ryman stint...but, by hook or by crook, i'll be there both nights!! that's unmissable.

You got that right!

Back to back nights at the Ryman in Nashville in early October? Hmmm, let me think.... awesome historic intimate theater downtown in a historic music city, check... two shows with no travel in between, check... probably very different setlists so a better chance of hearing Monday, check!... close to Memphis, check! Seems like an obvious call to me!

I'm right there with ya, stoked stoked STOKED!!!

Not sure whether to go north or south. South sort of looks easier, what with the multiple night stands in Atlanta and Nashville. Looks like there is room for more dates up north though. It's nice to have decisions like these to make.

EGAD!!!

This is all happening so quick!

I told my buddy that couldn't make it to Solid Sound to expect Wilco at either the Wang or Agganis in September. Not a bad call.

You have a prediction on the World Series winner? I could use some extra cash for Christmas. :dancing

currant odds:

Philadelphia Phillies

3/1

Boston Red Sox

7/2

New York Yankees

7/1

Milwaukee Brewers

12/1

Detroit Tigers

15/1

San Francisco Giants

15/1

Texas Rangers

15/1

Atlanta Braves

20/1

St. Louis Cardinals

22/1

Cincinnati Reds

25/1

Tampa Bay Rays

28/1

Chicago White Sox

30/1

Colorado Rockies

30/1

Arizona Diamondbacks

35/1

Cleveland Indians

35/1

Los Angeles Angels

35/1

Seattle Mariners

45/1

Oakland Athletics

50/1

Pittsburgh Pirates

60/1

Minnesota Twins

70/1

Toronto Blue Jays

80/1

Florida Marlins

100/1

Los Angeles Dodgers

100/1

New York Mets

125/1

Baltimore Orioles

175/1

Washington Nationals

175/1

Chicago Cubs

200/1

Kansas City Royals

200/1

San Diego Padres

250/1

Houston Astros

500/1

did you all see this? via their facebook page:

"We will announce on sale dates for the North American tour next Wednesday, July 6 at approx. 2pm edt. Note that this is the announcement of the on sale dates. Not the actual on sale date."

I wonder if they might throw in a show in Memphis on Sept 29th or Oct 3rd? The Orpheum has nothing booked for either date. That'd be a nice little run along with Nashville!

maybe driving from Michigan for the Ryman shows .....thought about Indy but why not drive a little farther and see 2 shows

So my bff texted me tonight that she checked out the Wang Theater, Boston MA tickets and that the price is $194 for ONE ticket. I told her she was insane!

I just looked myself and it does indeed say that. My guess, tho, is since there is no "On Sale" date yet that it must be just some random number thrown in by the Wang.

Thoughts?!?

So my bff texted me tonight that she checked out the Wang Theater, Boston MA tickets and that the price is $194 for ONE ticket. I told her she was insane!

I just looked myself and it does indeed say that. My guess, tho, is since there is no "On Sale" date yet that it must be just some random number thrown in by the Wang.

Thoughts?!?

well, for perspective, steely dan shows at the wang start at $48. so i imagine wilco cant fetch more than that....lets hope. cause $194 is absurd.

Thoughts?!?

Well, I looked it up on Live Nation, Ticketmaster and Citi Center which houses the Wang Theatre website and saw no such info. Now when I clicked on one of those blue shaded websites that always look sketchy it showed that price, but said "tickets may be sold above face value". Whoever runs that site (and it's not the Wang) is already probably getting ready to sell GA tickets that they will somehow "mysteriously" get. It also shows a quantity of 6 - 8 tickets only.

Mystery Website

The only price that I've seen is for the Montreal show: $46.05 (CA $39.50 Ticket + CA $6.55 Fees) {this was under price range to the right of the show listing}

I'm hoping to go to one of the Ryman shows, too. Is the Ryman reserved seating?

Yes, all reserved, but in pews. Interesting set up. Beautiful place. Unless you get a seat behind one of the pillars on the floor, there's really not a bad seat. It's not that big a joint, either. Great, great place to see a show.

Yes, all reserved, but in pews. Interesting set up. Beautiful place. Unless you get a seat behind one of the pillars on the floor, there's really not a bad seat. It's not that big a joint, either. Great, great place to see a show.

Yeah, if I can get tickets I'm there. I'd rather drive four hours and see a Ryman show, and have a weekend in Nashville, than drive 15 minutes up I-285 and see them in a new shiny (literally) venue one county north of me. Plus, Atlanta audiences can be pretty obnoxious.