Fall 2011 tour dates announced

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no gig in Chicago???

is it possible they add some more dates in chicago before Indianapolis?

Nope. Not for awhile. In case you weren't aware, but the Decepticons really destroyed the shit out of Chicago. Although, the Marina Towers were left mostly unharmed. Maybe Star Scream is a Wilco fan.

They made Marshall Field's look like Filene's Basement.

Massey Hall! Never been, but I plan to go to both of these shows.

It's a pretty great venue with good sightlines and it's one of the most storied concert halls in Toronto. Looking forward to seeing at least one of these shows.

Don't forget we're supposed to hear some On Sale info for the Fall Tour around 2p.m. EST today via Wilco's Facebook page.

The news just broke, tickets are on sale on Wed., July 13th at 10AM (local venue time).

All presales for Wilco's Sept/Oct. North American tour will begin Wed. 13 July at 10am (local time in show city) via Wilcoworld. Registration info, etc. is available by clicking the FAQ button on the shows page: http://wilcoworld.net/#/shows/

Anyone haveing no luck when the click on the Frequently asked question tab to get more information? Or is it just me?

It's a pretty great venue with good sightlines and it's one of the most storied concert halls in Toronto. Looking forward to seeing at least one of these shows.

Very, very excited. I just hope I can snag some prime seats on the 13th.

I'm completely geeked out about the two Nashville dates and completely out of my mind that Nick Lowe (one of my all time favorites) is opening.

One tiny complaint: I'm going to shows in four cities and it's kind of a bummer the onsales are all at the same time. Anybody got tips?? I guess I'll be OK for the Atlanta date (different time zone) but Indy and St Louis are both in CST. Guess I'll just pick one for the presale and go for the general sale for the others.

Oh, and - for those thinking about the Ryman: You can find the seating chart on this page. (Do a Ctrl+F for "seating". It's in PDF format.) Basically all the seats are good but those on the very sides up against the walls (sections 1 & 8 on the floor and 9 & 16 in the balcony).

Unfortunately, often these very seats are included in presales. Don't get me wrong - those sections are OK if you're on the inner half toward the hall and not on the side up against the wall. If you *are* up against the wall you won't be able to see Glenn and that'd be just wrong. ;)

IMO, you're better off anywhere in the balcony, which has a steep pitch, than you are in the back half on the floor.

One relatively easy tip: have your friend (if they are going) or trusted relative buy tix for the other show.

Or if you have a trustworthy computer: open up enough windows to search for tickets. This should work. It worked for me last time when I bought tix to two different shows. Just be patient and don't overload your browser. While one pair of tix comes up search for the other show. Then complete transaction for show 1, while show 2 tix pops up.

Oh, and most importantly make sure that you're all signed up with Front Gate tix (website above) {credit card & email on file}.

I'm completely geeked out about the two Nashville dates and completely out of my mind that Nick Lowe (one of my all time favorites) is opening.

One tiny complaint: I'm going to shows in four cities and it's kind of a bummer the onsales are all at the same time. Anybody got tips?? I guess I'll be OK for the Atlanta date (different time zone) but Indy and St Louis are both in CST. Guess I'll just pick one for the presale and go for the general sale for the others.

Oh, and - for those thinking about the Ryman: You can find the seating chart on this page. (Do a Ctrl+F for "seating". It's in PDF format.) Basically all the seats are good but those on the very sides up against the walls (sections 1 & 8 on the floor and 9 & 16 in the balcony).

Unfortunately, often these very seats are included in presales. Don't get me wrong - those sections are OK if you're on the inner half toward the hall and not on the side up against the wall. If you *are* up against the wall you won't be able to see Glenn and that'd be just wrong. ;)

IMO, you're better off anywhere in the balcony, which has a steep pitch, than you are in the back half on the floor.

Indy is in the eastern time zone

And don't give up!!! Just because the system tells you there are no tickets at 10:01, that doesn't mean you won't get some at 10:04, 10:09, or 10:17. Keep trying.

Yeah - I suspect that Ryman show will be a crazy hard ticket.