Fall 2011 tour dates announced

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so a better chance of hearing Monday, check

Reading this, I realized that to some degree, that's really what it's about for me, too. If they play Monday, I'm 100% satisfied! Too bad all the Fall 2011 dates are HOURS and many DOLLARS away from my North Florida locale... I wonder if more US dates will be added, smaller cities -- maybe in the spring?

Reading this, I realized that to some degree, that's really what it's about for me, too. If they play Monday, I'm 100% satisfied! Too bad all the Fall 2011 dates are HOURS and many DOLLARS away from my North Florida locale... I wonder if more US dates will be added, smaller cities -- maybe in the spring?

If past practice is any indication, there will be more dates

They're doing what most bands do, which is play primary markets around the time the album is released. They'll play secondary markets and maybe even some smaller ones next time around, I'm guessing. They tour often enough that I'm sure they'll play just about everywhere eventually (something I was convinced of when I saw them play in Scranton of all places last year).

So I went ahead and signed up with Front Gate Tickets. I can get presale tickets now, right?

I'm going to the second show in Atlanta. Any advice for a Wilco newbie on getting presale tickets?

Mods, since there are going to be a load of new members in the coming months, as there are every time a new album comes out, can I suggest that you make two new threads to pin at the top of this forum, on a presale FAQ and one a "New members, read this thread before posting" kind of thing? I bet that would cut down on a whole lot of redundancy, especially in the next few days leading up to the presale.

Otherwise, there will likely be a lot of :fish

I don't know if the information is still correct, but there is a thread pinned up there about Front Gate Ticketing.

Here are three FAQ pages from the Wilco website:

Photo and Taping Policies

1. NO CAMERAS PERMITTED: Still or Video. Professional photographers MUST obtain a photo pass via Wilco's management or publicist. No exceptions. Please be considerate of others.

2. We ask that you refrain from using your cell phones, updating Facebook, checking your e-mail, texting your friends, etc. both while driving and during concerts.

3. Wilco does permit audio taping and trading of live performances wherever it does not conflict with venue or other restrictions beyond our control. We do not allow direct soundboard patches. Wilco supports the free trading of live recordings for non-commercial purposes. We do not allow filming or video of any type without prior written permission.

General Ticketing Policies

1. The specific ticket information for each show is listed directly below the show listing. For additional information on each show click on the button in the right hand column of the show listings.

2. All on sale times are based on the local time in which the venue is located unless otherwise noted.

3. We do not send out an email every time we announce a new show. As a tour is scheduled, we post everything as soon as we get it... things are updated on the site constantly. We highly recommend you join the mailing list / follow us on Twitter and Facebook. If you would like to receive notifications about a show as soon as we post, you should subscribe to the rss feed. (RSS reader required - we recommend NewsGator or Google Reader).

4. If we know it, we post it. if a show is SOLD OUT, it means there are no tickets available. We do sometimes release tickets at the box office on the day of the show.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Do you offer fanclub presales?

A: Yes. We work with Front Gate Tickets for our online ticketing and presales. We don't charge membership fees to gain access to these presales but in order to participate you must REGISTER FOR AN ACCOUNT WITH FRONT GATE. We recommend you do this in advance of the show presale you wish to attend.

Q: How many tickets are available in your presale?

A: We attempt to secure the maximum possible amount of tickets for our presale and generally get around 10% of the venue to sell via the wilcoworld before the "public" on sale. In some cases we get more than that but regardless, this means that often there are only a few hundred tickets per show available for presale. When we have the option to use Front Gate to ticket our entire show (ie. Solid Sound Festival), we do.

Q: Is the Wilcoworld presale the only presale?

A: Not necessarily. In some instances, there will be more than one presale, and more than 10% of the venue is sold. These are done in partnership with certain promoter, radio and venue partners. We will post whatever information we have regarding additional presales on the shows page.

Q: Where are tickets available for sale?

A: Tickets are almost always available for sale online and often via phone or a retail outlet. We'll post this information when this is the case.

Q: Does Wilco get to choose the ticketing company for each show?

A: The only ticketing company Wilco contracts with is Front Gate Tickets. All other ticketing companies contract directly with venues and/or promoters. So, some of our/your favorite venues may or may not be handled by some of your least-favorite ticketing companies. Wilco enjoy playing shows in a variety of venue sizes and configurations -- and thus we work with a variety of different national ticketing companies.

Q: Do you care about reselling of tickets on the secondary market?

A: We do everything we possibly can to make it easy and fair for our fans to get tickets and to ensure they're sold at reasonable prices and with reasonable fees.

When we foresee demand potentially vastly exceeding supply, we restrict purchases to as few as 2 tickets per purchase and void repeat purchases. When a show sells out quickly we often pull ticket audits and review these with the promoter. Any suspicious purchases are investigated and subject to being voided. It's a time-consuming and imperfect process, but we do attempt to minimize the number of tickets that wind up in the hands of brokers and resellers.

Regarding ticket resellers, please note that there is often no verification required of the authenticity of the offer which is why there are often postings for tickets to shows that are not yet on sale and tickets that are not in hand.. There are many unscrupulous people in the secondary ticketing market and you enter it at your own risk.

Q: How about transportation to/from shows?

A: We have partnered with Zimride to bring you ride sharing to all Wilco shows and encourage our fans to carpool to shows when public transit / biking / walking / kayaking isn't possible.

Thanks for digging up all that information, A-man. That's exactly what I was suggesting. It's been awhile since I've read the fine print. It's good to know that suspicious purchases get reviewed. That's not going to keep all tickets out of secondary markets, but it will at least keep some. I wonder how much longer it will be until Wilco starts doing what many other bands do and make presale tickets will call-only.

Anyone who can read and follow written directions and is reasonably internet savvy can go through the presale process (can you shop online? If yes, then you're internet savvy enough for a presale). If you sign up for an account ahead of time, are at a computer and ready to go by about 10 minutes before the sale starts, and don't screw up your credit card number or shipping information, you have as good a chance as anyone else of getting tickets.

Not everyone who tries gets tickets, though. If the venue capacity is 2000, that means Wilco will probably get 200 presale tickets. That means 100 people would get a pair, or 50 people would get four tickets each. There are hundreds who want tickets, so not everybody will get them. For some reason, many who don't come on here and freak out, which is silly, considering there's 90% of the venue left to be sold. Even after any local/venue presales, there are still plenty of tickets left the day they go on sale to the general public. And in my example above, Wilco wouldn't get the best 200 tickets, just 200 with at least a decent view, scattered throughout the venue.

A few months ago, I got a pair of front row dead center seats for Andrew Bird hours after the presale started. There's no exact science to it. A lot of it is really luck.

I'm completely geeked out about the two Nashville dates and completely out of my mind that Nick Lowe (one of my all time favorites) is opening.

One tiny complaint: I'm going to shows in four cities and it's kind of a bummer the onsales are all at the same time. Anybody got tips?? I guess I'll be OK for the Atlanta date (different time zone) but Indy and St Louis are both in CST. Guess I'll just pick one for the presale and go for the general sale for the others.

Oh, and - for those thinking about the Ryman: You can find the seating chart on this page. (Do a Ctrl+F for "seating". It's in PDF format.) Basically all the seats are good but those on the very sides up against the walls (sections 1 & 8 on the floor and 9 & 16 in the balcony).

Unfortunately, often these very seats are included in presales. Don't get me wrong - those sections are OK if you're on the inner half toward the hall and not on the side up against the wall. If you *are* up against the wall you won't be able to see Glenn and that'd be just wrong. ;)

IMO, you're better off anywhere in the balcony, which has a steep pitch, than you are in the back half on the floor.

I have been able to add multiple shows to my cart in the past before checking out. Hopefully this will still be the same.

Wilco

Murat Theatre at Old National Centre

Indianapolis, IN

Tue, Sep 13, 2011 07:30 PM

I hate Live Nation, I can't ever think of a Wilco show that had multiple price points.

US $25.50 - US $43.00

US $25.50 Ticket + US $14.00 Fees =

US $39.50

US $43.00 Ticket + US $15.00 Fees =

US $58.00

1st time poster but I really really can't wait to see Wilco in Tennessee this September. I will have to find a babysitter. The question than becomes do I go the first night or the seocond one?

Are there any single nice men going to this show. I'd love to meet n greet some new peeps who love WIlco. Nt shure if this is the right place to find and do that sorta thingy.

A girlfriend of mine made me a compilation and I hated it at first but after about 2 years it really stuck with me. Ha.

Theresa

Favorite song is You & I. Oh geez. Should I take my 4 year old boy with me. I need to get out and have sum fun before I go crazy. Last concert I wnet to was Beyoncee.What a leap right.

1 night out away from him shouldnt be too bad. Oh know. What too do.

1st time poster but I really really can't wait to see Wilco in Tennessee this September. I will have to find a babysitter. The question than becomes do I go the first night or the seocond one?

Are there any single nice men going to this show. I'd love to meet n greet some new peeps who love WIlco. Nt shure if this is the right place to find and do that sorta thingy.

A girlfriend of mine made me a compilation and I hated it at first but after about 2 years it really stuck with me. Ha.

Theresa

Favorite song is You & I. Oh geez. Should I take my 4 year old boy with me. I need to get out and have sum fun before I go crazy. Last concert I wnet to was Beyoncee.What a leap right.

With most bands, the rule i go by is the second night is always better. However, with Wilco you will hardly be disappointed either night you go

Guest Jules

Theresa

1) You should go to both nights.

2) Yes there are single nice men going to the show. Although "nice" is subjective. If you post some pics of yourself, I will make sure they get in the right hands.

3) Oh geez is right.

4) Do not bring your son.

5) Jeff has covered a Beyonce song before. She has nicer legs though. It's a toss up.

OK, now totally confused about the pre-sale for the Boston show. I thought the Front Gate pre-sale starts today. But when I click on the info link for the Boston show, says the Wang Theater pre-sale is tomorrow. Are there pre-sales today and tomorrow for Wang?

And, according to the Wilco statement, there's a strict 4-seat limit and multiple purchases are not allowed and will void all purchases. So, does that mean I can't purchase 2 tickets in a pre-sale, and then try to get better seats by purchasing another 2 in the general public on-sale?

They've got me stumped with that one.