Fall 2011 tour dates announced

OK, now totally confused about the pre-sale for the Boston show. I thought the Front Gate pre-sale starts today. But when I click on the info link for the Boston show, says the Wang Theater pre-sale is tomorrow. Are there pre-sales today and tomorrow for Wang?

And, according to the Wilco statement, there's a strict 4-seat limit and multiple purchases are not allowed and will void all purchases. So, does that mean I can't purchase 2 tickets in a pre-sale, and then try to get better seats by purchasing another 2 in the general public on-sale?

They've got me stumped with that one.

From the Wilco website:

ATTENTION BOSTON FANS: As part of Wilco’s effort to discourage scalping and keep tickets affordable, there is a strict 4-ticket limit per person. Multiple purchases are forbidden and violation of this policy will result in the buyer forfeiting ALL purchased tickets. All tickets will be WILL CALL ONLY and name changes will not be permitted. When arriving at the venue, simply show the credit card you used for purchase along with photo ID. When you receive your tickets, you must immediately enter the venue. No exit and re-entry from venue is permitted. Will Call opens at 6:00pm on show day and we encourage fans to arrive early to avoid delays entering the venue. Thanks for your cooperation & we’re looking forward to a great show.

My take on this is that if you buy tickets in the pre-sale and the general on-sale, under the same name, with the same credit card, then you will void your purchases. This was the same policy that was in place for the Tweedy solo show at the Bowery Ballroom earlier this year. There are no tickets, you show your ID and credit card at the door, and your name is on the list and you go right in. I saw people show up and get turned away because they were not the person who bought the tickets. When I showed my ID and credit card, they asked me who I was bringing in with my other ticket (it was my wife), and the person had to be right there with me at that time otherwise no entry for them. Very strict, but a pretty good way to prevent scalping.

The problem you will have is that if you do get better seats in the general on-sale (even under a different name with a different card), you won't be able to get rid of the ones you originally bought.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the Wilco website:

My take on this is that if you buy tickets in the pre-sale and the general on-sale, under the same name, with the same credit card, then you will void your purchases. This was the same policy that was in place for the Tweedy solo show at the Bowery Ballroom earlier this year. There are no tickets, you show your ID and credit card at the door, and your name is on the list and you go right in. I saw people show up and get turned away because they were not the person who bought the tickets. When I showed my ID and credit card, they asked me who I was bringing in with my other ticket (it was my wife), and the person had to be right there with me at that time otherwise no entry for them. Very strict, but a pretty good way to prevent scalping.

The problem you will have is that if you do get better seats in the general on-sale (even under a different name with a different card), you won't be able to get rid of the ones you originally bought.

That's how I read it also. Which makes for an interesting ticket purchase strategy. With an allotment of only about 10%, pre-sales usually have crappy seats. But if I go for the "bird in the hand" approach and buy in the pre-sale, I'm shut out of trying for better seats in the public on-sale. Good anti-scalping policy, but makes it very tough on the fans.

That's how I read it also. Which makes for an interesting ticket purchase strategy. With an allotment of only about 10%, pre-sales usually have crappy seats. But if I go for the "bird in the hand" approach and buy in the pre-sale, I'm shut out of trying for better seats in the public on-sale. Good anti-scalping policy, but makes it very tough on the fans.

Bird in the hand is the best bet :yes

Can anyone confirm that on Front Gate at this time there are no shows listed?

So what's the deal? Is the presale starting today at 10, or is it tommorow? The Show list says today, but when you click on the show details, it says tomorrow. This is pretty much the case for every show on the list.

It is crucial for me to know, because I'm taking my hour break from work early today to get better internet access at a coffee house. All for the presale tickets.

Just so you know, I'm going to the Atlanta show, and the presale is 10:00am EST.

Bird in the hand is the best bet :yes

Can anyone confirm that on Front Gate at this time there are no shows listed?

The earliest ones don't start until 10:00 EST. So, the showtimes will show up then, assuming the presale is today and not tomorrow.

So what's the deal? Is the presale starting today at 10, or is it tommorow? The Show list says today, but when you click on the show details, it says tomorrow. This is pretty much the case for every show on the list.

It is crucial for me to know, because I'm taking my hour break from work early today to get better internet access at a coffee house. All for the presale tickets.

Just so you know, I'm going to the Atlanta show, and the presale is 10:00am EST.

The earliest ones don't start until 10:00 EST. So, the showtimes will show up then, assuming the presale is today and not tomorrow.

Today @ 10 a.m. local time

Today @ 10 a.m. local time

Thanks.

Where will they appear? On wilcoworld.com or FrontGate? I assume FrontGate. If so, I don't see a ticket section on the site. Will the entire ticket purchasing option appear at 10, or is there a total different way going about this than I thought?

Thanks.

Where will they appear? On wilcoworld.com or FrontGate? I assume FrontGate. If so, I don't see a ticket section on the site. Will the entire ticket purchasing option appear at 10, or is there a total different way going about this than I thought?

I assume Front Gate as well...at this time no shows are showing up.

Of course I have a mtg @ 10 est it that I will need to step out on...

hope the blackberry w/b working fine for me...

Im hitting the Boston show only at this point

Hoping they do more NE shows next leg,,,,

To those that score pls advise of seats curious if pre sale was all good (front 1//3 of hall)

Good Luck!

Someone check Wilco's Facebook page for info. Ask them about this presale date issue. I would myself, but I don't have access to Facebook at work.

Already done, no answer from "Wilco." But I think its a certainty that the Front Gate pre-sale is today. And, some venues (like Boston) are holding another pre-sale tomorrow. But, looks like you can make only a single purchase in all these sales or risk losing all purchases.

Are you sure about Merriweather Post Pavilion? I've checked and re-checked and refreshed the page and it doesn't show up. Very frustrating...

oops, misspoke...all that I am planning to attend - Indy, Nashville and St Louis

Already done, no answer from "Wilco." But I think its a certainty that the Front Gate pre-sale is today. And, some venues (like Boston) are holding another pre-sale tomorrow. But, looks like you can make only a single purchase in all these sales or risk losing all purchases.

Wilco confirmed on FB that the Front Gate pre-sale is today, and that the venue pre-sale is tomorrow.

Everyone keeps talking about how the presale tickets can be great or not so great. Hope I get good ones.

Really trying to get front row (or 2nd and 3rd row) tickets, even if it means buying general tickets Friday, in addition to the presale.

Everyone keeps talking about how the presale tickets can be great or not so great. Hope I get good ones.

Really trying to get front row (or 2nd and 3rd row) tickets, even if it means buying general tickets Friday, in addition to the presale.

Better be careful about buying in the pre-sale and then again in the general public sale. The information for the Boston show says multiple purchases will void all of your purchases. Better check the information for the show you're buying. So, buyer beware.

Better be careful about buying in the pre-sale and then again in the general public sale. The information for the Boston show says multiple purchases will void all of your purchases. Better check the information for the show you're buying. So, buyer beware.

The Atlanta show says there is a 4 ticket limit, before the tickets become void. That means I'm in the clear, right?

One more question: Will Front Gate be jammed up a bit due to the traffic, or does frontgate have enough power to hold all the fans on their servers?

I have a pretty laughable question...

On the frontgate website, do you think it is better to keep refreshing the pages with the list of all the shows, or the page for the individual show??

I know, I know...