• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the suggestions on a better uploading strategy. i may look into re-upping these shows in a different format later (maybe on mediafire but as zip files for each separate set?), but right now to be honest i can't really take the time. if i do move them to a more download-friendly system later, though, i'll be sure to let you all know :)

Is anyone else have an issue with the site. I keep getting "loading" -- I figure it's something with my Internet settings.

I get that sporadically, too. Sometimes the photo on the home page comes up and stays only for seconds, then I get the "loading" thing-y too. But when I select "Shows" or "Roadcase" or whatever, it goes there w/out a problem.

okay, i got the four new roadcase shows uploaded, finally. everything's in CBR 256kbps mp3, and should be correctly tagged and all that jazz. they're all available in my mediafire folder, here, along with four of the older roadcase shows, in case you don't already have those. mediafire is by far my favorite uploading service, but unfortunately, you have to download each track separately, as they don't allow large (+200MB files) without a paid account. i tried zipping up each of the shows into one file, but all but the tweedy one was over 200MB. i tagged and tracked these shows really quickly last week because i'm sort-of buried in work right now, so if there are any mistakes, let me know and i'll re-up a corrected version of the offending song(s). enjoy!

Thank you for this, I took for granted they would always be there, great for work listening, now thanks to your work I'll just put them on my iPod, listening to Tipitina's right now!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OK, maybe everybody already knows this but me...

But on the "shows" page on the new website, there's a drop down over on the top right that says "view tours by year" and goes back to 1994 with a list of all the shows each year. Each show has the setlist under "view details". There are a couple other clickable things that don't seem to work just yet. A "Being There" button, which says you have to log in (?) which seems curious. Clicking on the venue gets the handritten "page not available" screen.

Did we know about this? Is that why wilcobase is on hiatus lately? Was there a hostile takeover that I missed?

But on the "shows" page on the new website, there's a drop down over on the top right that says "view tours by year" and goes back to 1994 with a list of all the shows each year. Each show has the setlist under "view details". There are a couple other clickable things that don't seem to work just yet. A "Being There" button, which says you have to log in (?) which seems curious. Clicking on the venue gets the handritten "page not available" screen.

Did we know about this? Is that why wilcobase is on hiatus lately? Was there a hostile takeover that I missed?

This was a welcomed and desired acquisition of the database of set-lists by the Wilco organization. Wilco inquired if they could take the project in-house and off the plate of Wilcobase. Wilcobase complied. Good to see it finally have an official home. It had become way to time consuming to do on a volunteer basis for Mr. Wilcobase.

Nice find, thanks Vince! The sign in / join tab now links to facebook....boo, I'm probably one of the last people on earth still not on FB

This was a welcomed and desired acquisition of the database of set-lists by the Wilco organization. Wilco inquired if they could take the project in-house and off the plate of Wilcobase. Wilcobase complied. Good to see it finally have an official home. It had become way to time consuming to do on a volunteer basis for Mr. Wilcobase.

Does that mean all the old links are gone? (Owl and Bear, Flickr, Artwork, Reviews, etc.)

Wilcobase.com is still there, and will be for awhile. Just no new content. The setlist data has been handed over to WilcoHQ, and they have been working on integrating it with the main wilcoworld site.

The other non-setlist content is up in the air, I can continue to host it for awhile, I just don't have the time to update it anymore.

When I started the site it was a fun, learning experience. Once the site was established and running, it became a chore to keep it updated. Factor in a busy day job, and the site didnt get updated.

Hopefully the data has found a new home, and will continue to be developed and updated.

Roadcase looks like it changed since last week. Last week it was redirecting me to a site where it had a graphic volume graph that let me time recording to stop and restart at the exact right point. It also had a back door that let you access hundreds of unauthorized songs, and I Might was up for a while. Anyways, I like the new site a lot, and am listening to Tuscon now. Hotel Arizona is a great song you don't hear enough of live.

i'm curious about these 'unauthorized songs'. were/are they studio tracks or just a bunch of live nuggets? i guess that site is gone now thought.