Broken pedal question

I have a Boss blues driver that I love. I use it mostly as a boost, but I am totally dependent on it in my set up. I have had it for over two years. Now it seems to be broken, I have tried it using both an ac adapter and a fresh battery.

I was just wondering is this something that might be an extremely easy/cheap fix, or should I just bite the bullet and buy a new one?

Thanks for your help!

I have a Boss blues driver that I love. I use it mostly as a boost, but I am totally dependent on it in my set up. I have had it for over two years. Now it seems to be broken, I have tried it using both an ac adapter and a fresh battery.

I was just wondering is this something that might be an extremely easy/cheap fix, or should I just bite the bullet and buy a new one?

Thanks for your help!

The input jack functions as the circuit switch when a cable is plugged into it. Were the jack bad, it would be a relatively easy fix/replacement. I have done it on a tr-2. Aside from that possibility, it is probably time to go shopping. Sry man. J

The input jack functions as the circuit switch when a cable is plugged into it. Were the jack bad, it would be a relatively easy fix/replacement. I have done it on a tr-2. Aside from that possibility, it is probably time to go shopping. Sry man. J

I have never had good luck getting a pedal repaired. Always seems to cost more than just buying a new one. Plus all the places that do it seem to have a 6 week backlog of work so you end up pedal-less for a long time.

I have a huge graveyard of broken pedals, especially wah wah pedals. Cry baby should let you trade in 5 broken ones to get one new one or something.

• 2 weeks later...

I have never had good luck getting a pedal repaired. Always seems to cost more than just buying a new one. Plus all the places that do it seem to have a 6 week backlog of work so you end up pedal-less for a long time.

I have a huge graveyard of broken pedals, especially wah wah pedals. Cry baby should let you trade in 5 broken ones to get one new one or something.

Go buy the Fulltone OCD and be very happy! And then get a DIY kit for the Boss and if ya f it up ya didnt lose much and if it works than ya have a really decent pedal...

• 1 month later...

Not for nothing, but...

I do pedal repairs and mods. I work primarily for Godlyke Inc. (they distribute Maxon, Guyatone, and a host of other Japanese manufacturers) as a tech. If you'd like your Blues Driver resurrected, send me a PM and we'll hash out the details.

Best,

Chris