Presale 2011 tour

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know how to get the presale password for the new tour dates listed?

I wonder about that, too. Presale for our St Louis show is this Wed morning. The venue's presale is Thurs & their password is IMIGHT (Wilco's new single). Perhaps it's the same?

According to Frontgate, there is no presale password for Wed. morning--you just have to be signed up with Frontgate. Also, they said you can't store credit card information with them. So, apaarently, if you remember your sign-in info and password, and if the system recognizes you, that's about all you can do in advance. Oh, and pray.

If anyone knows anything different, let me know, please--even if by PM. It's good karma!

It looks like Ticketmaster has a presale for the Atlanta shows starting at 10 am Thursday. I do not know the password. Plus I noticed this:

ATTENTION FANS: As part of Wilco' effort to discourage scalping and keep tickets affordable, there is a strict 4-ticket limit per person. Multiple purchases are forbidden and violation of this policy will result in the buyer forfeiting ALL purchased tickets. All tickets will be WILL CALL ONLY and name changes will not be permitted. When arriving at the venue, simply show the credit card you used for purchase along with photo ID. When you receive your tickets, you must immediately enter the venue. No exit and re-entry from venue is permitted. Will Call opens at 6:00pm on show day and we encourage fans to arrive early to avoid delays entering the venue. Thanks for your cooperation & we're looking forward to a great show.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0E0046E7FB50C7F7?artistid=773505&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

I noticed the show in Columbia, Maryland at Merriweather Post Pavilion has a WRNR presale on Thursday, 7/14 from 9-10 am. Thought I'd give it a shot if Wednesday Frontgate presale doesn't pan out for me. But I can't find anything on the WRNR website that tells how to do the presale. Any DC/Maryland people out there in VC world that know what the deal is with this???

Just an FYI,

I was just checking my Frontgate account for the heck of it. (We're picking up our new puppy tomorrow morning and will miss the presale :blush ) My old password is now invalid and had to create a new one. I've had the same one for a long time and this would've been an unwelcome surprise if I were trying to get tickets tomorrow without having checked it!

Just an FYI,

I was just checking my Frontgate account for the heck of it. (We're picking up our new puppy tomorrow morning and will miss the presale :blush ) My old password is now invalid and had to create a new one. I've had the same one for a long time and this would've been an unwelcome surprise if I were trying to get tickets tomorrow without having checked it!

Yes, I had the same issue. That's why I suggested (a few posts earlier) to make sure everything's working properly with Frontgate before Wed. morning. I was even thinking of trying to store credit card info but their site doesn't permit that, according to their rep.

I noticed the show in Columbia, Maryland at Merriweather Post Pavilion has a WRNR presale on Thursday, 7/14 from 9-10 am. Thought I'd give it a shot if Wednesday Frontgate presale doesn't pan out for me. But I can't find anything on the WRNR website that tells how to do the presale. Any DC/Maryland people out there in VC world that know what the deal is with this???

It looks like that's the IMP (promoter) presale. There's usually a password for such things, and it'll be released in the weekly 9:30 club email newsletter, which should be out tomorrow. You can sign up at 930.com to receive the newsletter.

Judging by the "4 ticket limit" and other anti-scalping actions that are being imposed on all of the shows, Wilco clearly think it's gonna be tougher as well.

Also, i know someone a bit farther up asked it, but does anyone know anything about Nashville venue/promoter/non-wilco presales?

Is anyone else having issues with the Wilco site, I have not been able to get it to load properly for a week, no scroll bar etc.

The website is completely different now, but I assume you know that. I think it's still a work in progress, but it looks like most of the functionality is still there, though arranged differently.

I miss the loft photos, where you could zoom in and around. I hope that gets added back.

Is it a safe assumption that Metropolis in Montreal will be all GA? The Wilco/Frontgate site is less than informative for that show. But I’ve never seen a show there with reserved seating. If that’s the case, I will probably forgo the presale. It shouldn’t be that hard a ticket (famous last words).

I have the same question about the Ryman in Nashville. Being a New Yorker and having never been to the Ryman before, are there good/bad seats/reserved seating? is it all GA? Are there different sections?

From another thread:

I'm completely geeked out about the two Nashville dates and completely out of my mind that Nick Lowe (one of my all time favorites) is opening.

One tiny complaint: I'm going to shows in four cities and it's kind of a bummer the onsales are all at the same time. Anybody got tips?? I guess I'll be OK for the Atlanta date (different time zone) but Indy and St Louis are both in CST. Guess I'll just pick one for the presale and go for the general sale for the others.

Oh, and - for those thinking about the Ryman: You can find the seating chart on this page. (Do a Ctrl+F for "seating". It's in PDF format.) Basically all the seats are good but those on the very sides up against the walls (sections 1 & 8 on the floor and 9 & 16 in the balcony).

Unfortunately, often these very seats are included in presales. Don't get me wrong - those sections are OK if you're on the inner half toward the hall and not on the side up against the wall. If you *are* up against the wall you won't be able to see Glenn and that'd be just wrong. ;)

IMO, you're better off anywhere in the balcony, which has a steep pitch, than you are in the back half on the floor.

Thanks for the info. I'm kinda miffed about how the onsales (and presales) are the same time as well, as i am looking to get Central Park tix as well. But if the seating for Ryman is gonna be reserved, im gonna obviously try to get those first (plus NYC has other presales)

Is it a safe assumption that Metropolis in Montreal will be all GA?

I'm going with the assumption that Montreal is GA so I can focus my attention on Toronto. I can't stress enough how grateful I am that Wilco keeps their ticket prices soooo reasonable when they could charge so much more.

Good luck everybody!