Presale 2011 tour

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so...i have never done this

I got past the waiting room for the Ryman, but the screen im in is just info? Do i just sit here and wait till they go on sale?

Hard to know from that description where you are but for Montreal, I was sitting on a page that had a "on sale July 13" message on the right hand side - I think it was in red font and the rest of the font was black. At 10 am, that changed from a "on sale" to "purchase" - but I had to refresh the page.

I got two for the second night in Atlanta. Tried from 9:55 to about 10:20, constantly rejecting seats that were just too far away. Finally settled for 14th row on the aisle...the farthest back I have ever been for a Wilco show.

Of course, every time I removed an order, the site kicked me out and I had to log back in. Guess I should be grateful I got anything at all, based on the other comments on this thread.

It's official: unless you are extremely lucky, Frontgate sucks ass.

the passwords are usually for bigger sales when they have amex gold involved....then it is the first 6 numbers of your amex is the presale code...I only had to enter the code when I was buying shows for MSG

Thanks for the tip!

I think it is more people are dissapointed don't really see who is claiming to have a sense of entitlement....

I've been in the Atlanta waiting room since 9:50. Refreshed at 10:10. Still nothing, and I've got two other people on the phone also still in the waiting room. I have seniority in the realm of Wilco tickets, what is this crap?! :realmad

total bull, got into waiting room at exactly 10 am on atomic clock and sat in waiting room until 10:17 only to be told tickets sold out. thanks for the pre sale.

Maybe these are tongue in cheek, but I didn't read them that way.

Quick question on Amex presale-if my friend gets me two tickets, are the associated with his name. I know they are mailing paper tickets, so I don't think it'll be problem, but if you have some experience, please share ;)

It took me about 30 minutes to get tickets for Atlanta, both nights, and they might be the worst seats I've ever gotten in a pre-sale. I'm glad that I was able to get any at all today, but I have to be honest. I hate the waiting room. It would have been nice to have a warning about it in the email updates. I've been very fortunate in the past when getting tickets, so I can't really bitch about that.

I'm a little more concerned about the difference in price. The Ticketmaster says that tickets are $38 each before service charges. Front Gate is charging $40 each plus service charges. Why is there any difference in the base price? I guess it doesn't really matter since I got my tickets already and I won't stop going to shows (and the differece in price isn't too great), but it still stinks. I hope I'm reading something wrong or missing something and would love to be wrong about this.

Section 1, row c, seat 2 for 2nd night of Ryman. Only 1 ticket, pretty far over to the side, but 1st row! I'll take it!

No luck for 1st night--maybe tomorrow. . .

Now, how to get there, where to stay, etc. But yay--I'm in for Raleigh, Meriweather and at least one night at the Ryman.

Edit: Now to get back to work so I don't get fired from my new job.