Presale 2011 tour

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Section 1, row c, seat 2 for 2nd night of Ryman. Only 1 ticket, pretty far over to the side, but 1st row! I'll take it!

No luck for 1st night--maybe tomorrow. . .

Now, how to get there, where to stay, etc. But yay--I'm in for Raleigh, Meriweather and at least one night at the Ryman.

Edit: Now to get back to work so I don't get fired from my new job.

I'll be behind you, Section 1, Row D, Seats 1 and 2, Second night.

See ya there!

OK. How many people this A.M. used an atomic clock to purchase presale tickets and were successful?

I haven't bought enough Frontgate tickets to know for sure what their practice is but most ticket sites aren't that precise with the time. I've seen tickets go on sale minutes early and minutes late.

I haven't bought enough Frontgate tickets to know for sure what their practice is but most ticket sites aren't that precise with the time. I've seen tickets go on sale minutes early and minutes late.

Thanks for the serious response, but I was joking around after I read someone mention that they used an (or is it THE?) atomic clock and didn't get in. LOL. I don't know. I find that funny. I should use that one in every situation.

I can't complain though. Front Gate sold me a seat for Concord, NH last year that was directly behind Grace Potter. Can't get better than that. AND next to Tinnitus Photography too.

the key to Frontgate used to be get in earl, like before the posted onsale time. but that doesn't work anymore. they haven't gone live before the posted time in a few tours. hard to tell if they are late. i've been too busy refreshing...

Thanks for the serious response, but I was joking around after I read someone mention that they used an (or is it THE?) atomic clock and didn't get in. LOL. I don't know. I find that funny. I should use that one in every situation.

I can't complain though. Front Gate sold me a seat for Concord, NH last year that was directly behind Grace Potter. Can't get better than that. AND next to Tinnitus Photography too.

U2 knows where to hang :D

i see some complaining about Frontgate, but honestly how would you improve the process? obviously demand far outstrips supply, esp for a presale situation...i did presale in the same venue for Belle and Sebastian last year and got balcony seats about 10 rows back. a friend waited for the regular sale two days later and got ~8 rows from the stage. you never know.

First time I've ever been able to get anything through presale! Four tix, row M center in the Pavillion at Merriweather Post. Too old for the lawn, too old for the floor :)

I noticed the show in Columbia, Maryland at Merriweather Post Pavilion has a WRNR presale on Thursday, 7/14 from 9-10 am. Thought I'd give it a shot if Wednesday Frontgate presale doesn't pan out for me. But I can't find anything on the WRNR website that tells how to do the presale. Any DC/Maryland people out there in VC world that know what the deal is with this???

I think you can do it through the Merriweather Post Pavillion website on July 14 at 10:00a -- password is Chicago. Good luck!

Any Amex pre-sale I've done (regardless of the venue size) asks for a password, which is always the customer service phone number on the back of your Amex card. So if they ask for a password, give that a try.

Ahhh...good to know!

Maybe you should have to answer an impromptu Wilco quiz before buying to avoid scalping.

Wilco (verb) from the (noun) of (relative)(city). ;)

U2 knows where to hang :D

:thumbup

I wouldn't change much about Front Gate. It's nice to have a presale and a regular onsale as a backup plan.

There are already 9 tickets for the Ryman/Saturday on StubHub for the modest price of $142 per. Maybe you should have to answer an impromptu Wilco quiz before buying to avoid scalping.

It's the scalpers loss, i'm pretty sure all of the Ryman tickets are Will Call only

It's the scalpers loss, i'm pretty sure all of the Ryman tickets are Will Call only

Scalpers are an industrious lot. They are not afraid to post tickets before they have them in hand. They may be expecting to get tickets in the public sale.

I have Toronto night 2 Row J aisle seats.

I am looking for someone with Toronto night 1 tickets who would like to trade a ticket so we can go to both shows

Let me know

after 20 minutes in the waiting room, then 5 minutes of "sold out" messages, i was able to get a pair for night 1 in toronto. row J. not great, but not too bad either. so far, i haven't found anyone to go to this show with (that's my usual MO - buy tix when they go on sale, then figure out the logistics, who's going, etc., later). i'm only going to the one show this time, because i'm seeing Pearl Jam in Hamilton the night before, and Kyuss (sort of) in Guelph the night after. busy weekend! anyway, what i'm trying to say, is if it's only you (though you said "we", so i guess it's probably not only you), i might be willing to go WITH you. as in, i have two tix, and i need to use one for myself, and then one for "someone else"...

god, i'm sorry for being so inarticulate today. i didn't sleep too much last night. this morning i actually thought i was still dreaming when i went to the webpage and saw that waiting room. "huh? am i still asleep? is this a dream? why am i playing snake when i'm supposed to be buying wilco tix?"

god, i'm sorry for being so inarticulate today. i didn't sleep too much last night. this morning i actually thought i was still dreaming when i went to the webpage and saw that waiting room. "huh? am i still asleep? is this a dream? why am i playing snake when i'm supposed to be buying wilco tix?"

SuperStock_4171-18606.jpg

Pre sales were kind to me today :dancing

2nd row in Indy

Balcony section 11 both nights in Nashville

1st row in St. Louis...really couldn't believe this one!

Thank you Wilco, and Front Gate...say want you want but service fees for each of these shows was only $5 per ticket vs. the screwing you see on Ticketmaster of $10 to $15