Wow, now I'm REALLY glad I got these tickets for free. :lol

Fortunately, I get to clean my ears out about 45 days later with a nice Wilco show...

Don't worry, Band Of Horses should totally make it worth your time. :)

vocals are a bit choppy to me, but damn those first two albums were produced so well. i love ethan john's production. i can think of several bands that would do well if they hired him. he's what rick ruben is trying to be.

i saw band of horses with jayhawks in may. there were very tight. i find their music a bit samey.

see I can't tell about mr. Ethan Johns. I own a lot of stuff he has produced, some really great records. But he doesn't work for everyone (Ben Kweller for example and Ray Laymontagne is like paint drying for me). I always look forward to him and Ryan Adams though and I believe one of those is about to be released this year.

see I can't tell about mr. Ethan Johns. I own a lot of stuff he has produced, some really great records. But he doesn't work for everyone (Ben Kweller for example and Ray Laymontagne is like painting drying for me). I always look forward to him and Ryan Adams though and I believe one of those is about to be released this year.

RA is working with ethan? cool.

i don't necessarily like the artists he's producing. i just like the sound.

as far as BoH goes, it's so ironic that they are tight and ben gets pissy about sound. Carissa's Weird was basically unlistenable.

Yeah, even though I've heard that Ben is a friendly, down to earth dude in person, he can be very rockstar at times... I've heard of him throwing hissy fits on stage because the sound wasn't perfect etc...

I saw the KOL singer get pissed off once. I have no idea what provoked him, but he had his back turned to the audience between songs then all of a sudden he turned around really fast and gave the whole crowd the finger and was visibly pissed off for the next few songs.

I would think about 99% of lead singers have gotten pissey on stage at one time.

Probably so. I saw Mike Ness act like a spoiled little brat on stage at a Social Distortion show, too, and then punish the whole audience by refusing to come out and play their planned encore full of their "classics."

I've seen Jeff Tweedy get pissy on stage more than once.. But at least from my experience he usually covers it up well with his hilarious sense of humor, even though you can tell he's pissed...

Actually I was thinking of Tweedy when I posted - he is a lot better about things now, except if cell phones are involved.

vocals are a bit choppy to me, but damn those first two albums were produced so well. i love ethan john's production. i can think of several bands that would do well if they hired him. he's what rick ruben is trying to be.

i saw band of horses with jayhawks in may. there were very tight. i find their music a bit samey.

Had I known samey was a word I would have commented on this yesterday. I might go as far as boring. I don't like or dislike them. They just have always came off pretty neutral to me...maybe they have Swiss lineage. Maybe I'm to harsh of a critic though when everybody around me is going apeshit over a band and I'm just not hearing it ala Radiohead lately.

• 2 weeks later...

Clearly KOL didn't pay enough dues before they got big, they seem to have no humility at all and take their fans for granted. Cancelling a show for pigeons and for it being too hot. When I saw them at Red Rocks they were not allowing blankets or bottled water of any kind which is standard for that place with every other band. I'm sure it's their tour manager that deals with that but it's a reflection of the band either way.

i think there is more to KOL's current touring woes than it being too hot.

Definitely. The comment made by the drummer that there's a bigger problem than "not drinking enough gatorade" is pretty telling, and is a much more open admission than you usually get from a band.

I'm guessing cocaine. For a guy whose voice was supposedly shot and was too hot to go on with the show, he sure ran his mouth for a long time before leaving the stage.

"Red Morning Light" will crush "Sex on Fire" any day of the week.

Easily. I remember the first time i heard that song back in 2003, and i was like "These dudes are pretty cool". I also remember the first time I heard tracks from their newest album, and i was like "What happened to those cool dudes?"