• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we are going to be in for something very, very interesting

Great. Anyone who has seen I Am Trying to Break Your Heart can relate to the scene where the hipster dufusasks Jeff if YHF is more like AM or I forgot what else he said because it is so cringeworthy. All that aside, and breaking a huge cardinal rule, this sounds like what people were expecting YHF to be. Very happy HF sounds like it does, but until I saw this video the only version of this song I heard was an accoustic thing with no teeth. I hate fall and winter but am actually excited for September to grab this album.

On a total threadjack theme, which probably belongs more on Wilco heard out and about, I was in a bar on the jersey shore when a station doing a remote broadcast played I Might. The conversation among the people in the know (the three Wilco fans in a sea of Snooki admirers) the talk was of Wilco selling out to become popular and to get airplay and how they can't support a band that drops their values for airplay. I was outnumbered (and out tattoeed, a fight wouldn't go well) but if this album turns out to bring them to the general populace that would be great, they have earned the respect of the masses, not just the few in the know.

yeah, i'm getting really excited....ianyone think new england may have rejuvenated them a bit? not knocking the loft/chicago/etc....but change can be good

It all happened at the Loft. If anything, I think recording at the Loft has always been the best thing for them. From what we can tell so far it worked well this time.

It all happened at the Loft. If anything, I think recording at the Loft has always been the best thing for them. From what we can tell so far it worked well this time.

My bad, I thought they recorded some in the Berkshires this time around.

Either way, I'm pumped

My bad, I thought they recorded some in the Berkshires this time around.

Either way, I'm pumped

Yeah, I'm totally pumped too. I think there was a lot of talk about how their management/record label was going to be run out of MA, so it is kind of their second home now.

Didn't they do some mixing in New England? I think I remember a tweet or FB post or something just before Solid Sound that said they were mixing somewhere in New England. But yeah, wherever they came up with all this, I love it. They just seem to be particularly inspired. And nice to see Pat coming into his own.

Didn't they do some mixing in New England? I think I remember a tweet or FB post or something just before Solid Sound that said they were mixing somewhere in New England. But yeah, wherever they came up with all this, I love it. They just seem to be particularly inspired. And nice to see Pat coming into his own.

The album was mastered by Bob Ludwig in Portland, ME, if I'm not mistaken.

The album was mastered by Bob Ludwig in Portland, ME, if I'm not mistaken.

yep! most of Wilcos records have been mastered here. I live in Portland and walked all over the place looking for them. No luck.

But yeah Ludwig and the people at Gateway Mastering do really awesome work for local musicians and also big names.