Rank The Studio Albums

I think Foxtrot is their best. YHF, Summerteeth, and A Ghost is Born all rotate places as my "favorite" record of theirs, these days and really since Jay died, it's been Summerteeth for me. That was the first one I had (though YHF came out like a week later), it has the heaviest emotional resonance with me. Being There and the Mermaids are fantastic, I still listen to them fairly regularly. I have been known to spin and poorly sing along with SBS every once in a blue moon. I don't really listen to AM or WTA enough to even have an opinion on them anymore.

--Mike

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest McGuffin

1. Yankee Hotel Foxtrot (by far)

2. A Ghost is Born

_______

**There is a bit of a moat right here**

3. Summerteeth/Being There

**There is a HUGE GULF right here**

5. Sky Blue Sky

6. WTA

7. AM (does this even count anymore?)

...if that makes sense. I've listened to far less Wilco in the last several years, basically since SBS came out.

1. Yankee Hotel Foxtrot (by far)

2. A Ghost is Born

_______

**There is a bit of a moat right here**

3. Summerteeth/Being There

**There is a HUGE GULF right here**

5. Sky Blue Sky

6. WTA

7. AM (does this even count anymore?)

...if that makes sense. I've listened to far less Wilco in the last several years, basically since SBS came out.

I enjoy A.M. on regular basis, particularly in the summer. A unique item among a catalog of great material. Read Brian Henneman's liner notes on the reissue; it might change your perspective a little bit.

AGIB

Summerteeth

Being There

YHF

SBS

WTA

AM - I thoroughly enjoy AM, it's probable my one of my 25 favorite albums. But it just can't compare to their catalog.

I agree about AM. I love it for what it is. It's almost like the unofficial Last Uncle Tupelo record. It's not a harbinger of things to come nor a touchstone. It is a unique part of the Wilco canon.

And, it's really a breakup record.

I agree about AM. I love it for what it is. It's almost like the unofficial Last Uncle Tupelo record. It's not a harbinger of things to come nor a touchstone. It is a unique part of the Wilco canon.

And, it's really a breakup record.

Funny you mention that - in my nerdy IPod play list, I have a playlist called "Morning Trace", which is my attempt to blend AM and Trace into single, final UT record. It was a fun little experiment over good beer one late night...

As for it not being "at all like any other UT album", I disagree. Too Far Apart and Must be High would make slightly countrified poppy contributions to Anodyne. Dash 7 and others could be March 16-20 Outtakes. in my humble opinion, of course. IIt feels like a placeholder between Jeff's contributions to Anodyne and Being There (nevermind that it sorta WAS a placeholder between Anodyne and Being There...)