The Whole Love: Speculation and (eventual) reactions

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another little preview write-up of some tracks:

http://timeoutchicag...-the-whole-love

The pattern never ends: when an album is brand-new, reviewers trip over themselves fitting it into the band's discography via "it's A meets B meets C" ... but once time and familiarity settles the album into place, you never hear it compared in the same way.

The pattern never ends: when an album is brand-new, reviewers trip over themselves fitting it into the band's discography via "it's A meets B meets C" ... but once time and familiarity settles the album into place, you never hear it compared in the same way.

I think the board just broke.

ART OF ALMOST

No!

I froze

I canʼt be so

Far away from my wasteland

I never know when I might

Ambulance

Hoist the horns with my own hands

Almost

Almost

I heard a faint olé

True love but

I had other ways to hurt myself

Like calling

I could open up my heart

And fall in and

I could blame it all on dust

The Art of Almost

Almost

Almost

Almost

Iʼll hold it up

Iʼll shake the grail

Disobey across the waves

Tomorrow

Iʼll have all the love I could ever ache

And Iʼll leave almost with you

All of almost

Almost

ART OF ALMOST

No!

I froze

I canʼt be so

Far away from my wasteland

I never know when I might

Ambulance

Hoist the horns with my own hands

Almost

Almost

I heard a faint olé

True love but

I had other ways to hurt myself

Like calling

I could open up my heart

And fall in and

I could blame it all on dust

The Art of Almost

Almost

Almost

Almost

Iʼll hold it up

Iʼll shake the grail

Disobey across the waves

Tomorrow

Iʼll have all the love I could ever ache

And Iʼll leave almost with you

All of almost

Almost

Just curious: where'd you find this?

An artist(s)' career is an extended conversation with his/her/their fanbase. It is a rather one-sided conversation, but Jeff, like all artists, is simply sending a post card from his life. Sometimes he's the unreliable narrator; sometimes is the poet; sometimes he is the monologist (sp); sometimes he is the petulant man-child.

Jeff is in a period where he is (apparently) very comfortable in his skin and with his life. We probably won't get the ravaged narratives of ST or YHF ever again, but that is OK. Things have changed since Jay was separated from the band. And the change was unsettling. But it is where Jeff has wanted it to go, what he has wanted it to be.

The thing that has always appealed to me about Wilco/Jeff is the emotional honesty of his lyrics. This record will be another one-sided dialogue. I'm ok with that. When I am no longer content with what the band is doing, I'll just quietly move on. I've done it before, and I'll probably do it again. I used to be a rabid R.E.M. fan, but I haven't bought a new work or even LISTENED to them since Adventures in Hi-Fi. I am slowly moving away from my rabid devotion to Bruce Springsteen. And, I will probably be moving on from U2 soon.

But it's all ok. It is a natural progression...the circle of life, if you will.

I have high hopes for The Whole Love, and I am still at the point where I will be able to appreciate and enjoy it no matter what. But there is no guarantee for the future.

the natural progresion

Brian Jones(early Stones)

Flamin'Groovies(plus anything like Charlatans,Loose Gravel etc.)

Faces(early R.Stewart)

Tom Petty

R.Stewart(pre american 1-5)

John Mellencanp

T.Rex

Am.Psych

Dylan

Georgia Satilittes

Steve Earle

U.T

back to T.Petty

Wilco

And yes can't get enough of "Harlem River Blues"

Did I forgot about those 7 years or more about "The Boss" Early days when Jungleland was still .org was pretty cool. As well as Britt Pop fan,may have the most extented collection around,and no Todd don't ask for "The Spic Ace And The Blue Sharks Concert' I was there but don't have it.(yet)

Did I forgot about those 7 years or more about "The Boss" Early days when Jungleland was still .org was pretty cool. As well as Britt Pop fan,may have the most extented collection around,and no Todd don't ask for "The Spic Ace And The Blue Sharks Concert' I was there but don't have it.(yet)

:blink