The Whole Love: Speculation and (eventual) reactions

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest McGuffin

You sound like one of the women I've not put out to.

Okay, ya, I'm teasing. It's in conjunction with the rest of this forum, which is at least half throwaway nonsense comments and the rest total over analysis of minutiae. It's probably actually about 80/20.

I seem to remember hearing a track called "Whole Love" on a recording from this year's Solid Sound (day 1). I wonder if this one didn't make the cut for the record or whether it just goes by a different name now?

I seem to remember hearing a track called "Whole Love" on a recording from this year's Solid Sound (day 1). I wonder if this one didn't make the cut for the record or whether it just goes by a different name now?

It's listed in the tracklisting on Wilcoworld as "Whole Love". I just listened again to that Solid Sound version...love it. :wub

It's listed in the tracklisting on Wilcoworld as "Whole Love". I just listened again to that Solid Sound version...love it. :wub

Whoops! Totally overlooked that. I've gone over the tracklist so many times too. I think my brain is beginning to brake down from the anticipation.

torture..I can't think of the last album that i read about online before hearing. Gotta give Wilco mad props for keeping this album "safe" from the public, even though it was sent to press it seems like a month ago. Looks like they did a really good job of scaring Journos with threats not to leak.

proof that Jeff reads Via Chicago

He posted here once under Sue's account around the time of AGIB, in response to a troll thread about him getting his lyrics from other poets. Can't find our old archive site to direct you to it, we may have lost that site when we switched servers.

--Mike

He posted here once under Sue's account around the time of AGIB, in response to a troll thread about him getting his lyrics from other poets. Can't find our old archive site to direct you to it, we may have lost that site when we switched servers.

--Mike

Yeah that was epic. The number of people who took the bait and castigated Jeff was really astonishing.

Listening party on......September 26th! :headbonk In Saco, Maine with Bob Ludwig.

http://www.bullmoose...r=258&nocache=1

Bull Moose Records is a great indie record store in Maine and New Hampshire.

Edit: I replied that Wilco may "leak" the album on their own website like the last couple and Bull Moose responded rather quickly with this "@kristofor, that seems very likely. We are temped to caution fans against listening online. The six tracks we have already heard contain a lot of detail that won't really come through your computer speakers. If you really love Wilco (and don't win this contest), you should consider waiting until you can play the CD or LP on your home system without distractions."

Great! Another entity telling me not to listen to this before September 27th. LOL. I then asked them how/where they heard 6 new songs. Still awaiting a reply on that one. I'll laugh if it's the songs performed at Solid Sound on mp3.

2nd edit: Reply from Bull Moose = Two are on the "I Might" 7." Their label guy played four others for two of our office staff at a music store convention last week. We can't wait to hear the rest.

Also, I'm cautious about the listening party. It's taking place at Transparent Audio which specializes in speakers etc. It sounds like a ploy to get people into a store and try to hawk them some nice EQ.