Wilco - Live On Letterman Webcast - 9/21

Wilco is the next band set to perform on the Live On Letterman webcast series. You can stream the whole set for free on Sept. 21 at 8PM ET.

More deets:

http://www.glidemagazine.com/hiddentrack/wilco-live-on-letterman-webcast-921/

Usually bands offer their fans a chance to win tickets, so keep your eyes peeled on the Wilco twitter feed and website.

See you there!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wilco is the next band set to perform on the Live On Letterman webcast series. You can stream the whole set for free on Sept. 21 at 8PM ET.

More deets:

http://www.glidemaga...an-webcast-921/

Usually bands offer their fans a chance to win tickets, so keep your eyes peeled on the Wilco twitter feed and website.

See you there!

Nice...

These webcasts are always great quality and lengthy setlists. They'll get one song on the show itself, but the band plays a full (or near full) set from their entire catalogue for the internet.

Yep true. I attended the Elvis Costello taping and he played for 75 min or so. Great show...very intimate!

Really? A whole set! I got an email last week that I won tickets, I thought I was just going to see Letterman and see them play one song, this is awesome news! Now I feel even more lucky. Anyone else get lucky?

Really? A whole set! I got an email last week that I won tickets, I thought I was just going to see Letterman and see them play one song, this is awesome news! Now I feel even more lucky. Anyone else get lucky?

Yes! I am one of the Twitter Haiku contest winners!! This is gonna be special. I believe the Ed Sullivan Theatre's capacity is only 400. It's my wife's b-day that day too, and needless to say, she is a huge Wilco fan as well. Can't wait!!

I have to drive into the city tonight for the Letterman gig. In consideration of all of these traffic issues due to the UN business, if I'm coming in from Queens, do you think it would be best to avoid the LIE/Midtown Tunnel, & take Queens Blvd. to the 59th St. bridge, or just go tunnel?? ANy sage advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Well I personally like Letterman a lot, and I'd love to catch a taping of one of these comedy talk shows some day, so I'd definitely stay.

That's what I mean. The audience doesn't get to pick the guests, so you might get tickets for a taping in which every guest is someone you have no interest in. So, if there are 400 people in the audience, and Wilco plays a long set after the broadcast show is done being taped, I would think a lot of people who aren't interested in Wilco would get up and leave.

I'm pretty sure that's not how this works. The studio audience for the taping of the actual Late Show will be completely gone before the Wilco show. Letterman tapes his show, I believe, around 4:30 or so. The place will be cleared out & after that it will be ALL Wilco fans entering the theatre @ 7:30pm for Wilco's 8:00pm show.

I'm pretty sure that's not how this works. The studio audience for the taping of the actual Late Show will be completely gone before the Wilco show. Letterman tapes his show, I believe, around 4:30 or so. The place will be cleared out & after that it will be ALL Wilco fans entering the theatre @ 7:30pm for Wilco's 8:00pm show.

Well then, that's a much smarter way to go about it.

I have to drive into the city tonight for the Letterman gig. In consideration of all of these traffic issues due to the UN business, if I'm coming in from Queens, do you think it would be best to avoid the LIE/Midtown Tunnel, & take Queens Blvd. to the 59th St. bridge, or just go tunnel?? ANy sage advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Luckily, you're coming IN to the city, so you shouldn't have too much trouble with the bridge i think. I usually prefer bridges over tunnels in NYC, but i don't usually dable with Queens, so i don't know how much help i can offer.