Wilco - Live On Letterman Webcast - 9/21

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I think that portion of the Letterman show has already been taped. In fact, if you looked closely enough you could tell that his desk was pushed way off to the back. They probably did a song and he came over and shook their hands then the crowd left and they let new people in to watch the hour long performance. Or it was the same group of people. There's no consistency to tv tapings that I've attended. But I'm sure that they did one song twice.

You've given this a lot of thought.

^ I think that portion of the Letterman show has already been taped. In fact, if you looked closely enough you could tell that his desk was pushed way off to the back. They probably did a song and he came over and shook their hands then the crowd left and they let new people in to watch the hour long performance. Or it was the same group of people. There's no consistency to tv tapings that I've attended. But I'm sure that they did one song twice.

Ya, this is what happened. The Letterman tapings are usually around 5:30pm, but the webcast was live (8pm). While i was waiting in line to get in, i saw the Letterman crowd all walk out of the studio

Caught a replay when I got home from work. I just can't wait for this band to come to the west coast on this tour!!!

I love how much the bass was rockin' in the mix of this cast. The bass line for I Am Trying To Break Your Heart was melting my face. So Good.

The new songs sound great. It was cool to see them actually play Art Of Almost and get a different perspective on what is going on at various times in that song. The freakout jam at the end was super!

Dawned On Me was one of my favorites on this as well. There is a lot of cool shit happening in that song, at any given moment. That was a great live rendition.

I almost forgot how awesome One Wing is. Great performance!

They advertised the streaming 15 mins prior to end of show s/b working

Good to see them again (just caught em last night in Boston)

Re Letterman Show Song Choice Born Alone Great Choice !

Shows what we all know very well

A band that playing so dam tight and featured some of Nels Slide & Rockin Abilities

Last night's set was really fantastic, and I now find myself at work with video blocked, feeling like my favorite candy has been taken away. Interesting to me that the instrumentation (or the mix) has changed for songs like Shot in the Arm and War on War. I, for one, love that the noise-pop is back. If anyone has ripped this to audio, I would love to get a copy. Or alternatively, what do people use to rip audio streams on the mac?

The stream turned out to be great. I mentioned how good it was to one of the non Wilco's in the office had to stay late due to workload, and his smart ass coment wa that out of the 50 wilco fans in the country only 25 have internet, and 20 of them use 33.6kb modems. Then he heard Whole Love, and think I converted him. What a great stream and thanks for the tip.