Walken

I'm The Man Who Loves You

off @ 11:12 p.m.

The Whole Love - 5 songs

Wilco (TA) - 1 song

Sky Blue Sky - 3 songs

A Ghost Is Born - 3 songs

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot - 4 songs

Summerteeth - 4 songs + 1 scratch (Summerteeth on the printed set list as the first encore song)

Being There - 1 song

A.M. - 0

Total 21 songs

Stage was set like the first night @ Solid Sound 2011

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, ditty, for absolving me from setlist duty for one night. ;)

I just have to say that Nick Lowe was so awesome. Anybody seeing a show on this run, definitely make sure to get there in time to catch his set! He's playing solo acoustic, and tonight he played about 40 minutes with a good mix of songs from his new record, The Old Magic (which was coincidentally released earlier in the day), a couple of album cuts and some absolute classics. :thumbup

He said it had "been a while" since he had last performed in Indianapolis, mentioning Rockpile opening for Blondie in 1979. :lol

Just in case anybody was curious about his set, here you go:

Stoplight Roses

Heart

What's Shakin' On The Hill

Ragin' Eyes

Lately I've Let Things Slide

Long Limbed Girl

I Live On A Battlefield

I Read A Lot

Cruel To Be Kind

Raining Raining

When I Write The Book

(What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love and Understanding

I just have to say that Nick Lowe was so awesome. Anybody seeing a show on this run, definitely make sure to get there in time to catch his set! He's playing solo acoustic, and tonight he played about 40 minutes with a good mix of songs from his new record, The Old Magic (which was coincidentally released earlier in the day), a couple of album cuts and some absolute classics. :thumbup

He said it had "been a while" since he had last performed in Indianapolis, mentioning Rockpile opening for Blondie in 1979. :lol

Stoplight Roses

Heart

Ragin' Eyes

Long Limbed Girl

I Live On A Battlefield

I Read A Lot

Cruel To Be Kind

Raining Raining

When I Write The Book

Oh man Paul, you are killing me...I can't be at any of the shows with Nick opening!"Heart"? "Ragin' Eyes"?! "Long Limbed Girl"? "Raining, Raining"? "Cruel to Be Kind"? "(What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love and Understanding??!!! (A lot of people don't even realize that one is his, originally, from his Brinsleys days.) What an incredible set. Now toss in "All Men Are Liars' and I'm totally content.

I think its been about since '79 that I heard him do Heart live. What a terrific show this double bill must've been. Thanks for writing down Nick's setlist!

Thanks everyone for the setlists. So glad to see there's love on here for Nick, too. I was wondering if he'd be solo or have a backing band, but he's got such a strong voice and charming ease, I think solo is the way to go. Would've been nice to see him do a duet with Jeff, though--that'll probably happen at some point on tour.

Also, Jeff sang Jesus, Etc.--YES! :wub Just curious--how did he manage that? Did he simply not encourage the singalong, or actively discourage it?

And my usual request--any memorable banter? I'm guessing not much, since they had a lot of great songs to cram in under 2 hours. Any remarkable audience observations?

So glad everyone had fun. Can't wait to see this tour. :hyper

ha..see only 1 songs from Wilco (TA)..what did I tell you guys? They know the album sucked!

I don't understand it - You have an almost unnatural hatred of that album. There's some great music on there.

Based on your methodology, can we assume they believe Being There sucked as well?

Also, Jeff sang Jesus, Etc.--YES! :wub Just curious--how did he manage that? Did he simply not encourage the singalong, or actively discourage it?

And my usual request--any memorable banter? I'm guessing not much, since they had a lot of great songs to cram in under 2 hours. Any remarkable audience observations?

Jesus started and Jeff sang, not really much to say.

There were two memorable comments:

When Jeff said hello to Indianapolis after IATTBYH he mentioned this was the first time they had played Art Of Almost, of course everyone clapped then he quickly said "it'll be better in a week".

Also two people front and center tried to get Jeff's attention a few times. The first time he told them he couldn't hear them. The second time they must have typed "California Stars" on their phone. He said something to the affect that he couldn't read it, it was so small. Then pointed out to everyone that they had a flip phone, not even a smart phone.

Stoplight Roses

Heart

Ragin' Eyes

Long Limbed Girl

I Live On A Battlefield

I Read A Lot

Cruel To Be Kind

Raining Raining

When I Write The Book

Thanks for the Nick Lowe set list bböp, it was good to see you. He was amazing and you are correct he is not to be missed. Hope to see you at a show soon!

Oh man Paul, you are killing me...I can't be at any of the shows with Nick opening!"Heart"? "Ragin' Eyes"?! "Long Limbed Girl"? "Raining, Raining"? "Cruel to Be Kind"? "(What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love and Understanding??!!! (A lot of people don't even realize that one is his, originally, from his Brinsleys days.) What an incredible set. Now toss in "All Men Are Liars' and I'm totally content.

I think its been about since '79 that I heard him do Heart live. What a terrific show this double bill must've been. Thanks for writing down Nick's setlist!

Sorry, Donna. Not my intention, of course... :yes

But yeah, Nick is in fine form. He's got so many songs, it'll be interesting to see what he plays from night to night. I imagine he'll work in different songs from the new record each night and maybe switch out some of the hits as well (though I imagine Peace, Love and Understanding will be a constant and I hope Cruel To Be KInd -- one of my favorite songs ever -- is).

Kudos to the Indy crowd, which gave him a couple of standing ovations at various points. :thumbup

Just before Wilco finished, Jeff took a moment to thank Nick for sharing the stage, saying that he was one of his favorite songwriters ever and that he couldn't quite believe that (Nick opening) was actually happening, I was thinking there would be a duet on "I Love My Label," but I'm sure that will happen at some point...