Wilco -- 9/13/11, Indianapolis, IN

Hey gang,

First time posting on VC. Been lurking for a couple months. Last night was my first Wilco show after being a fan for about 4 years. I had tickets for a show in Detroit a couple years ago but my car broke down right before I was gonna leave. Needless to say last night was worth the 6 hour drive from west Michigan. AoA was perfect. You all already knew this I'm sure, but last night I found out that no one beats Wilco when it comes to live shows. Period.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The merch table takes cards too. FYI

In all the shows I've seen at Massey, including the last 3 Wilco shows, I don't ever recall that being the case. FYI.

Poster for Indianapolis was simple yet cool--it's on the Wilco facebook page and Wilcoworld's past tours/show details page for this show. No new album, but they had the I Might 45 and a good selection of side-project cds (Autumn Defense, etc.). Plus the last few Wilco cds, scarves, the dbpm yo yo, stickers, hoodies, and a few t-shirts with good art but very limited number left in several of the sizes (not sure why when this was 1st show of the tour). I'm sure there was other stuff, the above is all that I can remember. Prices ranged from $40 for the hoodies down to $11 for the yo yo's with maybe a few cheaper smaller things like stickers. Posters were $25. Hope this helps!

It does, thanks!

Hey gang,

First time posting on VC. Been lurking for a couple months. Last night was my first Wilco show after being a fan for about 4 years. I had tickets for a show in Detroit a couple years ago but my car broke down right before I was gonna leave. Needless to say last night was worth the 6 hour drive from west Michigan. AoA was perfect. You all already knew this I'm sure, but last night I found out that no one beats Wilco when it comes to live shows. Period.

Dont lurk and where in W Mich are you .. Im from Midland and making the drive to Nashville in a few weeks ....cant wait .. its like going to Mecca

Hey gang,

Welcome to Via Chicago! I tend to agree with your last sentence. (Not counting "Period." as a sentence. :lol)

What time did Nick Lowe go on?

Going to Toronto Saturday night and don't want to miss him.

If the first two shows of this run are any indication, Nick goes on about 10 minutes after the posted show time and plays for 40 minutes. Tonight at Massey Hall, that meant he was on stage at about 7:40 and played until right around 8:20. Wilco were on at just about 8:40 or so, and played until 10:30. Hope that helps.

I also think..and I know I will get crap for this...that the last tour shows were way too long.

Not giving you crap, but TOO LONG?! The last two (I mean three) shows I saw were Solid Sound and I didn't want any of them to end. As many songs as they play, there are always a few more that I was dying to hear. Incidentally, I missed the "Evening With" tour and I can honestly say it is one of the major regrets of my life. Yes, I know that sounds melodramatic, but I have very few regrets... and dammit, that's one of them!