Wilco -- 9/16/2011, Toronto, ON

No one has mentioned that Jeff finally sang the lyrics to Jesus Etc. My wife and I have seen Wilco about 8 times in the last two years and she has been tired of the sing along for awhile. I thought it was a great show, but a bit more low key show. We made the drive from Michigan, so we going again tonight.

Really can't stop thinking about this show. I have quickly learned that a live Wilco experience is a gateway drug. I need more shows now! It kills me to be sitting at work for the midnight shift knowing I'm missing a Wilco show a few blocks away. And you just know they're going to kill it tonight.

I will add -- Glenn has hypnotic stage presence. I found it hard not to get lost in watchin' him rock.

I too found myself focusing my attention more on Glenn tonight- maybe the location of our seats and the really tall dude I had to crank my neck to see around. I don't think he was doing anything to attract undue attention, but like you said, it is a hypnotic stage presence.

Saw the cowboy hat guy on the way out. He had the biggest grin on his face.

I was able to get a pretty funny video of the first few minutes of "The Late Greats", before a very kind security guard told me that if I didn't turn my camera off, he'd kick me so hard I wouldn't be able to have children. On YouTube now, pretty funny stuff.

woah. What an ass hole!!!

On the way back to the States after this show there was a pretty big line at customs, which I found strange at 1:30 am. Finally get up to the customs booth and the first thing the guy says "Coming back from the Wilco show?"

So looks like a lot of my fellow Buffaloians made the trip to see Wilco. Can we get a show around us now? :)

Anytime I've told the border guards where I'm going they say "What's a Wilco?".

When I went to see Tweedy solo in March that's basically what happened.

"Where are you going?"

"Toronto for a concert."

"Who are you seeing?"

"Jeff Tweedy."

"Who?"

"Jeff Tweedy. He's in a band called Wilco."

"Who?"

"They're a popular rock band that started in the 90's."

"Well, have fun I guess."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...