Wilco -- 9/17/11, Toronto, ON

This sentiment makes me think of the (planned) closer for the Saturday night Residency show: The Lonely 1. As they left the stage after that song, I remember thinking, "Oh god, you can't leave us feeling like this!" I've only heard OSM once, during the stream, but I suspect the mood would be similar--and not at all like the mood when they end on my personal favorite closer, I'm A Wheel.

Actually, closing with The Lonely 1 sounds pretty incredible to me....but I also like the kind of movies that end on a poignant note... leaving you to walk off into the night contemplating life for hours on end. I love that feeling and it's rare. I felt like that for days after watching The Devil & Daniel Johnston. I don't think shows always have to end on a rockin' high note. I've been wondering what it would be like if they ended a show with One Sunday Morning. I think it would be pretty powerful.

I think i'd prefer to see them end a main set with One Sunday Morning rather than it ending the whole show. I remember at the first Solid Sound, they ended the main set with On and On and On, and that was awesome and moving. But i've become so accustomed to Wilco shows ending on a rocking note (Hoodoo Voodoo, I'm a wheel, Monday, etc) that i would feel weird if the whole show ended on a somber note. Could still be cool though, i've just always appreciated how much Wilco shows pick up towards the very end in terms of energy.

I'm a bit late to post as I've been traveling but here we go!

The second night at Massey was way better than the first night, definitely in terms of setlist and sound but also just in the itself (no endearing lyric flubs?). I absolutely loved the live debuts of One Sunday Morning and Rising Red Lung, but I will say they sounded better in Montreal.

All the new songs are sounding really great though and I think they really hold up against all of our favs. I'm probably not saying anything else new in this thread other than it was a really good one.

Overall I really enjoyed this show, the band was in great form and the new songs sounded fantastic!

Wasn't crazy about the setlist though, so many of my favorites were left out... It's selfish to say but I just wish I could put it together, just once! Anyways, some highlights:

- Nick Lowe was so great to hear

- Art of Almost sounded awesome live, the ending is INTENSE

- One Sunday Morning was beautiful, nice relaxed opener to the show

- best version of Impossible Germany I've heard yet, after seeing roughly 10 shows. As mentioned Nels got quite the extended ovation and was well-deserved

my only beef was the ending, Monday-Outtasite-I'm a Wheel. These are so played out to me and aren't even that great songs imo. Friday's closers are more up my alley, can't win em all though!

Anyways I brought some first-timer friends and I'm pretty sure they're converts now