R.E.M. 1980-2011??

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. Fans who have been loyal to their cause hope for a reunion sometime in the near or the distant future. News like this just dashes hopes.

A band breaking up should dash your hopes anyway, you don't really need them to say it. If they wanted to tour again, they wouldn't have broken up. I'm assuming you never saw them which is ashame but i think you need to move past anger and just accept that they were around for a long time and now they are not.

Reason why I hate this person, just a few months ago I revered him.

REM interview: 'There's a good chance we'll never play together again'

http://www.guardian....e?newsfeed=true

You realize it's a legitimate red flag you're raising by saying you "hate" a musician because the band broke up. You sound unstable. You need to get a grip and work through it.

The impression I get from reading this interview is the Michael Stipe is an arrogant, unhappy person.

Actually, it reinforces that impression.

http://www.ology.com/music/watch-rems-michael-stipe-jimmy-fallon

Stipe on Fallon (at least the third or fourth time Stipe has shown up on Fallon this year alone)

"Check out the complete interview and a bonus game of Password with (are you ready for this?) Martin Short, Kermit The Frog, and Miss Piggy. It's hilarious, watch the whole thing if you didn't see it last night."

• 1 month later...

This is spot-on regarding how R.E.M. has been perceived the past 15 years or so.

"...It's strange how unfairly the love affair between audience and artist can turn sour. In the uphill years, the same things that were once adored—their eccentric individualism, their stubborn lack of glamour, an aura of principle and honor, the eternal Michael Stipe-ness of Michael Stipe—suddenly seemed to count against them. What had once appeared natural and unexpected and effortless was routinely scorned as labored and mannered and calculated. As with any abandoned lover, whatever they did was wrong—failing to change, changing too much; trying too hard, never trying hard enough. And now, into the space they vacate—according to a natural law of pop music and time that is both cruel and wondrous—the love we once felt for them is free to return."

Read More http://www.gq.com/en...s#ixzz1hqMdCYaB

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...