"The Whole Love" in my mailbox today (Sep 22)

Just got mine in today's mail. Yippee.

I was starting to get insanely jealous of all of you.

edit: The track names are not showing up when I import the CD into iTunes

It says "CDDB info is not available for these items" when I try to do it manually through the Advanced Tab / Get Track Names.

Maybe this will clear up on Tuesday when the download is available.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the booklet like? I preordered the iTunes version since it came with an extra track, but I may pick up the deluxe version of the cd if the 52 page booklet that comes with it is worth having.

The book is sweet. Art, lyrics, credits and some photos of the guys that look like they were taken at MASS MoCA, perhaps.

So I checked the mailbox today before I took my son to his soccer game and there was my deluxe cd edition of The Whole Love. After the soccer game I stopped by my local indie record store to pick up an Elvis Costello cd and low and behold there was a vinyl copy of TWL sitting on the self. The owner said they didn't really stick by the release dates. Lucky me. I snagged it.

Shit.

Mine didn't get put out for delivery until the 22nd. The EARLIEST I will get it is Monday. And some of you suckers have had it for almost of a week.

Shit.

Well...I underestimated the US Postal Service and trusted the Kungfoo Websit too much.

Got it today.

Sweet...if only my wife hadn't destroyed my stylus...

The Whole Love arrived here in western Connecticut today. My husband and I drove around our stupid town tonight, blasting it. I just cannot believe how incredible it sounds. IT SOUNDS INCREDIBLE! The production is sick. The Art of Almost just invades your body. We were tempted to pull into the parking lot at the teen center and blare it for the loitering yutes.

My pre-order arrived here in New Zealand on the 23rd. I didn' t think it would get here is such good time, considering I chose the cheapest freight option.

It made for a particularly sweet Friday - even more so when the official release in NZ isn't until Monday.

I've been loving it. Best album I've bought in ages. Best Wilco album since Ghost.

So I received my deluxe version on Saturday which was great except for the fact that I had work both Saturday and Sunday and plans to go out with my wife on Saturday night. Having heard the album I already knew it was pretty terrific so I was excited to download the bonus disc which I did and listened to on my subway ride to work on Sunday morning. A nice addition to my weekend mostly working. And super glad to hear the actual disc of the Whole Love today!

Pissed. When I ordered I forgot to enter number part of address. Kungfunation is awesome, called me to fix it, but have to wait til tomorrow. Watcing endless summer to cheer me up. Love that movie, and all I have to stop being depressed because they tried to ship, emailed twice, last tuesday. Would have i if I not an idiot. Love Miki Dora though, and since I have an extras seat if there any miki dora fans, who know why he a surf god, if they can answer year he died I give a ticket to Wilco 12/q2, just one by the way, but floor, ten rows up, 78 dollar value, to whomever knows why miki died.

Well I'm not sure what happened to mine. Pre-ordered (I live in Australia), but the parcel tracking with USPS has the cd leaving Raleigh on 15/9 (wherever that is), got to Florida on 18/9 and has been sitting there every since.

Most annoying thing - our local cd store had it in stock as of last Thursday. Spent $31 on express parcel post and $18 for deluxe cd. Fair to say I've wasted my money.

What the hell....I've been wondering where my deluxe CD from Amazon is. I just checked my order and it says "Delivery Estimate: October 3 - October 7"!!!!!

Jeez, thanks a lot Amazon....

I think when I ordered the last Wilco cd by way of Amazon, I got a notice saying they were unable to deliver it. It's a bit odd how they work sometimes.

I have not ordered the new one yet. I was going to bundle it together with the new Ryan Adams and the new Jayhawks cds. But - I am re-thinking that order.

I just went out and bought the deluxe version. I have not listened to the stream or tracked it down via other methods so I'm looking forward to getting home tonight and listening to it all for the first time.

I envy you in that respect. I wish I had more restraint, because even though I'm excited about it arriving today, I can't even imagine what my excitement level would be if I hadn't heard it yet.

Also, for the above posters about Amazon, I have never had any trouble ordering from them.