Atlanta Shows?

So, can't wait for Wednesday night. I went looking for other tickets for Wednesday and Thursday, and was surprised how many tickets are left. They are not the greatest seats (upper level), but Cobb only holds about 2750 seats. Was surprised to see it not sold out. Come on people, lets fill that theater!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope Wilco ROCKS THE ATL!!! :guitar :banana I would be there BOTH nights if I could,

it breaks my heart I can't go to neither show this time around... :heartbroken

Hell I ain't listened to the record yet... can't buy that either... :uhoh

For those going to the ATL shows... ROCK N ROLL THE NIGHT AWAY!!!! :stunned :blink :badger

Hope they do sell out, Georgia loves Wilco and we want them to keep coming back to the South!!! :usa

I'm hitting the Thursday show. Was suprised that they announced two dates. I guess the thinking was that they have played the

Fox Theatre in recent years which holds around 5,000 so two nights would be needed. It will be my first visit to Cobb. I heard it's decent.

going to wed night. haven't seen them since 2004. never been to this venue. hope it's nice. i liked fox theater for shows. not sure where else they could play in town.

anyway, us atl folks should get together sometime. personally, it's nice to know there's some cool folks out there:)

I'll be there tonight! Got 4th row pit seats on a fluke off ticketmaster. Couldn't pass them up. Can not wait!! If anybody wants to say hey, my fiancé and I will be hanging around the venue all afternoon to try to talk to the band I think... my fiancé is wearing a green plaid shirt and i've got a green sweater on.

Looking forward to the show. Haven't seen the band since last year's show at the Fox.

I'll be there tonight! Got 4th row pit seats on a fluke off ticketmaster. Couldn't pass them up. Can not wait!! If anybody wants to say hey, my fiancé and I will be hanging around the venue all afternoon to try to talk to the band I think... my fiancé is wearing a green plaid shirt and i've got a green sweater on.

Looking forward to the show. Haven't seen the band since last year's show at the Fox.

song dedicated to you!!!

Cobb is a great venue if you are thinking about going you should go. I was up in the way top for the Decemberest when they played and for being way backt hey were still good seats.

Plus its wilco you know its gonna rock.

Last nights show was fun hoping tonights is even better though. Jeff did ask folks to come back and said they were gonna play more different songs tomorrow (tonight now)

anyone have a set list from last night?

Not exact order or all the songs, but:

Art of Almost

I Might

Side with the Seeds

Ashes of American Flags

Bull Black Nova (pretty sure the only song from The Album)

Impossible Germany

Via Chicago

Shot in the Arm

I'm Always in Love

Standing O

Whole Love

One Sunday Morning

Encore:

Taxman ? with Nick Lowe

I Love My Label with Nick Lowe

Jesus

Late Greats

I'm the Man that Loves You

Heavy Metal Drummer

I'm missing several songs, but it seemed very heavy on new album songs.

Not exact order or all the songs, but:

Art of Almost

I Might

Side with the Seeds

Ashes of American Flags

Impossible Germany

Via Chicago

Shot in the Arm

I'm Always in Love

Standing O

Whole Love

One Sunday Morning

Encore:

Taxman ? with Nick Lowe

Jesus

Late Greats

Heavy Metal Drummer

I'm missing several songs, but it seemed very heavy on new album songs.

I tweaked your setlist a bit to add a few more songs and re-arranged a few. Probably still not complete.

Art of Almost

I Might

Ashes of American Flags

Black Moon

Side with the Seeds

Impossible Germany

Via Chicago

I Am Trying to Break Your Heart

I'm Always in Love

Born Alone

Standing O

Dawned on Me

Handshake Drugs

One Sunday Morning

Encore:

Taxman/36 inches (?) with Nick Lowe

Shot in the Arm

Jesus

Whole Love

Late Greats

Heavy Metal Drummer

IATTBYH

Handshake Drugs

highlights for me were bull black nova and side with seeds. wanted to hear one wing. to tell you the truth, i found myself just wishing they'd play songs with out the light show and the distortion crescendos on half the songs. they are definitely moving into arena rock territory.

highlights for me were bull black nova and side with seeds. wanted to hear one wing. to tell you the truth, i found myself just wishing they'd play songs with out the light show and the distortion crescendos on half the songs. they are definitely moving into arena rock territory.

Agree with the light show comment... we were in lower mezzanine and the lights were in our eyes the entire evening. My wife is very light sensitive and had to close her eyes for most of the show. I don't mind the distortion crescendos though... I mean, they are Wilco and they have done this for some time.

Crowd in lower mezzanine was a real dud however. Was asked to sit down several times by the people behind me. And the group in front of me seemed more interested in the Braves game on their iPhones than the concert. At least the ushers didn't care if you stood and danced on the terraces, which is where I ended up.

I'm going to score a ticket for tonight I think. Jeff promised a different set of songs tonight, and there are several that I have not heard live yet.

FYI... Nick Lowe was great, but I'm still fondly remembering "An Evening with Wilco" at the Fox last year. Would love to see another one of these in the future.

Fun show last night. BBN, Via Chicago, I'm Always in Love were awesome. Art of Almost and One Sunday Morning really are perfect as opener and closer. All the new songs sounded great. I think Whole Love might be my favorite - it's so dang catchy.

Hope to hear Misunderstood, PKB, Poor Places, Monday>Outtasite, Capitol City tonight.

Did anybody think Jeff's comment at the end of the show along the lines of "please come back tomorrow, plenty of tickets available and we'll play lots of different songs," was pretty indicative that they may have really undersold for two nights?

I was down in the front of the orchestra and the crowd was mostly really great. Very attentive for Nick Lowe & Wilco. I was a little bummed when almost the entire orchestra, except the front row, sat down for One Sunday Morning. Kinda seemed disrespectful to me.

I have a ticket for tonight if you want it. I posted my info in the Got Extras forum.

Thanks for the offer, but just found out "we" had another commitment for tonight. Sigh. Enjoy though, I look forward to seeing the setlist.

And Leatherman, yeah, I think they were very undersold, Jeff mentioned that the venue is "way out there", which is true for many of the ITP residents. I live OTP, so it was not that bad. I also think that the show had a lot of competition for our dollars this week. Music Midtown, Elvis Costello at Chastain on Saturday, and Black Star at the Tabernacle (although it was canceled at the last minute). I was interested in all of these shows, but Wilco got my money.

I tweaked your setlist a bit to add a few more songs and re-arranged a few. Probably still not complete.

Art of Almost

I Might

Ashes of American Flags

Black Moon

Side with the Seeds

Impossible Germany

Via Chicago

I Am Trying to Break Your Heart

I'm Always in Love

Born Alone

Standing O

Dawned on Me

Handshake Drugs

One Sunday Morning

Encore:

Taxman/36 inches (?) with Nick Lowe

Shot in the Arm

Jesus

Whole Love

Late Greats

Heavy Metal Drummer

Picture of the setlist from the AJC:

slideshow_1002269413_Wilco.0928I.jpg

Full gallery here: http://projects.accessatlanta.com/gallery/view/music/wilco-092811/

Agree with the light show comment... we were in lower mezzanine and the lights were in our eyes the entire evening. My wife is very light sensitive and had to close her eyes for most of the show. I don't mind the distortion crescendos though... I mean, they are Wilco and they have done this for some time.

Crowd in lower mezzanine was a real dud however. Was asked to sit down several times by the people behind me. And the group in front of me seemed more interested in the Braves game on their iPhones than the concert. At least the ushers didn't care if you stood and danced on the terraces, which is where I ended up.

I thought the lights were very tasteful. Granted i was in the the center mezzanine so i was kind of looking down on them, and i am more accustomed to a CK5 light show... But to each their own. I

I will say this about the crowd. I saw families, young couples on dates, married couples, groups of teens, and even a few folks raging the parking lot. Considering the diversity of attendants (and music too. i mean a solo acoustic opener for a rock show?! Not hating on Nick Lowe, just saying, is all i'm saying) i thought the crowd was incredibly attentive, quiet, respectful. From my seats it looked like the entire orchestra area was on their feet simply standing, not dancing. There were like 6 people in the very front row who actually looked like they were having a good time. This would be my only real complaint about the crowd. You are at a rock concert! Dont just stand there with your arms by your side, swaying. Dance and have some fun for crying out loud! But again considering the diversity, there are lots of different ways to enjoy a concert. Different (possibly lamer? possibly more mature?) strokes for different folks.

There seemed to be a divide of people who wanted to rage the concert and whoop and holler when the music moved them, and people who wanted to close their eyes and just take it all in. This was evident during one sunday morning with the awkward and solitary cheers throughout the end of the song. I think this same divide pretty much made up the standing vs sitting issue as well.

Pretty much everyone in my section was sitting down. I was okay with it. I haven't really seen many sit down shows so i just went with it and tried not to distract from my neighbors experience. There were a handful of folks standing up throughout a portion of the show directly in front of me. They had three open seats next to them, so after the first song was over i asked them if the seats were taken and hopped on down to enjoy an unobstructed view. The couple sitting directly behind me did the same thing a few songs later. So i didn't experience any real standing vs sitting issues, however if those open seats had not been available it would have been a different story. Unfortunately, the venue doesn't really lend itself to

Bottom line: I had a really good time and thought the venue had excellent sound, but the orchestra should be GA and with no seats. If you don't want to stand, don't get orch seats. I am excited to do it again tonight!

So i didn't experience any real standing vs sitting issues, however if those open seats had not been available it would have been a different story. Unfortunately, the venue doesn't really lend itself to

Whoops! I meant to say the venue doesn't really lend itself to raging, out of control, rock concerts.

And Leatherman, yeah, I think they were very undersold, Jeff mentioned that the venue is "way out there", which is true for many of the ITP residents. I live OTP, so it was not that bad.

I agree with this. If they had played single nights at the Fox again, or maybe the Civic Center (bigger venues than Cobb), they probably would have sold it out, or at least come close. I think they could have sold out two nights at the Tabernacle (comparable size venue as Cobb).

One hinderance to ticket sales is that Cobb has no transit access, so you have to drive, and for some people it's a long drive compared to "intown" venues. And it's also an area many ITP folks never go to, but it has a reputation for extreme traffic congestion. Not particularly inviting.

I just wanted to give a shout out to the girls in the last row of the front section of orchestra in the middle Row D you were a little ways down from me and one row behind me. You talked a lot and did not care that people shhhed you and gave you stares. You were really bothersome during black moon and the soft parts of via chicago. Also bad during one sunday morning. If you were t here because yoru bf's/ husbands brought you next time please tell them kindly you don't want to go.

by theend of the night ilooked back and at least two of you were pretty much passed out/asleep and seemed not to give a damn at all throughout the entire show.

If you read this i'll be amazed because you seemed not to be a fan of the band at all.