The Whole Love on Billboard

I thought it would fall farther than 11 after the first week. So many albums debut high, then drop quickly as the rabid fans buy right away or pre-order, which usually means a steep drop the second week. 11 is pretty good! I wonder, with the generally positive reviews and some word-of-mouth, if it might have some legs and stay in the top 50 for a while.

Well, of course I would like to see them hit a higher number. I believe both YHF and AGIB charted up to around 3 or 4, but memory is fallible, and I'm too lazy to research it.

According to Wikipedia, YHF debuted at 13, and AGIB at 8. SBS and WTA debuted at 4. I really don't think they have any reason to be disappointed in the sales of this album. Unless Tweedy does a stint on American Idol, I think they are near their peak in the current musical climate.

Let's not kid ourselves. A band that performs a 14 minute song about regret, rejection, guilt and condemnation isn't going to appeal to the kiddes. The kids are the ones who buy records in droves. The more I think about it, the more I'm pleased for the boys.

Agree with Crow Daddy. I mean, which of the following are the kids going to enjoy more?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jg6GOrJMRds

or

Well...the kids voted back in 1997 on that version of Wilco. (And, honestly, Wilco is would probably be competing for the kids who listen to Blink 182. I don't think anybody takes Rebecca Black seriously). By the way, I love that video. But, Jeff and Jay are a tad bit...scary. This ain't music for those who are barely paying attention.

Back in the day, Wilco was already seen as a wildly talented band that fit into a niche audience. I'm so glad I found this band and their music. It's kept me entertained and engaged for far longer than any other artist I've followed other that Springsteen.

They've never been a kiddie pop band. Even back in the day they never aspired to get the teenagers on board.

...and thank God for that.

I see Jeff Tweedy and Paul Westerberg as somewhat kindred spirits in that they follow their muse and invite us along for the ride if we are of a like mind.

I looked at the Last Page of Rolling Stone to Find our Boys in the 4th Slot

Also in the Top 10 (Are you Sitting down...?) Tony Bennet and the Remastered Floyd DSOTM)

3 Outstanding Listings in the Top Positions Wont see that again soon imo

Hey I Love Tony Bennet ! Dont start

perhaps Wilco and himself can be on Duets 3..

Let's not kid ourselves. A band that performs a 14 minute song about regret, rejection, guilt and condemnation isn't going to appeal to the kiddes. The kids are the ones who buy records in droves. The more I think about it, the more I'm pleased for the boys.

Not so sure about that Crow. These days it's the older folks that are buying the records--hence the constant reissue of "classic" records--the kliddies often just download them for free. Generalizations for sure, but some truth in there too, especially with a band like Wilco who aren't aimed at a teeny bopper market.

Not so sure about that Crow. These days it's the older folks that are buying the records--hence the constant reissue of "classic" records--the kliddies often just download them for free. Generalizations for sure, but some truth in there too, especially with a band like Wilco who aren't aimed at a teeny bopper market.

So....I shouldn't feel good for the boys?